Radiolink anyone???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroman7888##

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
Shirley I’m not the only person who knows about these gems, I started off with the RC6GSV3 about two years ago and just pulled the trigger on the RC 8X radio and V2 receivers for it that eliminate most if not all of the latency issues that people were crying about And even though I’ve been running RC for over 25 years, I still can’t get as fast as a computer so I don’t feel that 0.2MS uhhhhh delay haha. I had (and this is actually a 1st, my aarma vendetta not1-2-3 but 4 different occasions and times/locations/outings with and without my son just took off on it’s own and thankfully didn’t get destroyed. (Oddly everytime it did this it ws in reverse. All trims etc were zeroed out/neutral, the Spektrum dx3 that it came with and that expensive Spektrum SR6200AVC telemetry/gyro etc equipped receivers it just is trash anymore. Anyway, basically it’s 100$ and that’s that. I got my Radiolink RC6GS V3 radio, 1-6ch,1-7ch receiver from amazon for 107$ for the 3 2 years ago now maybe I’d say.
Those dual antenna, Gyro, equipped, built-in, fail safe, ABS, fast, idle/throttle up or idle up. I should say for Nitro models and so many more features I don’t even have room to fit. It’s insane what they pack into these radios for the Price the sad part is I had to spend over $2000 or more on spectrum, Futaba, Sanwa, and others to find out the hard way that’s all junk minus the last two lol they’re better, but they cost a lot more. When are we going to start holding these people accountable for releasing this stuff and basically turning our RC Electric/Nitro models into unguided ballistic missiles that could literally kill someone without warning when they take off like this , sorry for the long rant. I’m getting irritated looking at one of my junk bodies that I just couldn’t throw in the trash from after a runaway. I have not had one since I have not had one issue with radio link there. Customer service is little goofy and sketchy, but they will honor their stuff like horizon hobby does, and I’m not bashing spectrum, horizon, Arma , it just annoying sometimes but they also stand behind their product. They made the whole situation right with me with my vendetta and other models but something needs to be done or said about the fact that these things are coming with electronics that are not fully dependable.

60421474-5D01-43FC-81F9-384A10ACB708.jpeg

AF5FFF61-78FB-4991-A5F1-C0E0E93E3879.jpeg

IMG_4763.png

IMG_4762.png

I think DavidB here just switched to the RC8. They look like a nice option.
Absolutely love it, love em all, anything they make, if not for their “questionable assembly “ otherwise nothing to complain about other then wth to do with the “other antennae “ on receiver haha…the RC6GS compared to anything else not Futaba/Sanwa(350-600$ retail) is not close with performance. The rc8 is different, the ability to use the screen in a different setting/setup etc, the mixing, the voice control is annoying I had to disable it…but i really got it for the fpv I wanna setup in everything now seeing as the model will now travel to my local Walmart and back with no interference lol…can't see em anymore is my new complaint 🤣

I think DavidB here just switched to the RC8. They look like a nice option.
The 250$ tag got me. I had someone from facebook reach out to me that works for them in china I guess..gave me a 20% discount and some other freebies and future purchases to discount too. Solid company
Ill respond after dinner / dessert, too full right now. Lol
Haha

I’m thinking of getting one…
Definitely can’t go wrong, I can and will (repeatedly if and or necessary any and every time, if ur using a traxxas brand comms setup 110% absolutely smart and necessary. Anyone running anything spektrum from DX2 , Dx2E, up the DX5 Rugged it’s 50/75% maybe necessary, this is only going off my personal experience of my own experiences and others that I witnessed, runaways have become more and more frequent lately. Either the fact that more people than ever are now involved in this hobby. Cars are easily approaching and shattering 100mph with relative ease, and for a lot less $ than when the X/01 was released (trust me , I know, I’m the idiot that waxed 1300$ on a 1st gen x01 and parked it in my neighbors Douglas fir tree about 17’ off the street 🤣, have no “parked “ anywhere else not covered in asphalt/dirt/concrete since haha, 50% my fault and rest it was the traxxas logo 🤣…the runaway factor alone is enough to pause, picture a Jato, with a Picco p3 28 on it and then the traxxas tqi/tq decides “I feel like not receiving a signal at this particular moment (and that failsafe we advertise that usually only works when u don’t need it to is bs too, I’ve tested the traxxas and spektrums both and both are guilty of their failsafe not responding after setting just by turning receiver off. If that receiver does anything other than whatever u armed it to do upon signal loss “usually servos r neutral and or 25/50%-75% tops brake applied..then its failing. Radiolink for 3 years almost has had my back if I had issues (dropped 1 and they give u a lanyard so yep my bad, another idk what happened, went to update the software or firmware and apparently didn’t use the correct V version and wiped the screen to black.. so I will continue to have theirs so long as it’s a beneficial relationship

I've got an rc6, I haven't used yet. The Rc8 came out right after I bought it. :doh: I want to get all of my crawlers on the RC6 so I can get rid of some remotes. I should work on that this weekend while I have some time. 🤔

Definitely can’t go wrong, I can and will (repeatedly if and or necessary any and every time, if ur using a traxxas brand comms setup 110% absolutely smart and necessary. Anyone running anything spektrum from DX2 , Dx2E, up the DX5 Rugged it’s 50/75% maybe necessary, this is only going off my personal experience of my own experiences and others that I witnessed, runaways have become more and more frequent lately. Either the fact that more people than ever are now involved in this hobby. Cars are easily approaching and shattering 100mph with relative ease, and for a lot less $ than when the X/01 was released (trust me , I know, I’m the idiot that waxed 1300$ on a 1st gen x01 and parked it in my neighbors Douglas fir tree about 17’ off the street 🤣, have no “parked “ anywhere else not covered in asphalt/dirt/concrete since haha, 50% my fault and rest it was the traxxas logo 🤣…the runaway factor alone is enough to pause, picture a Jato, with a Picco p3 28 on it and then the traxxas tqi/tq decides “I feel like not receiving a signal at this particular moment (and that failsafe we advertise that usually only works when u don’t need it to is bs too, I’ve tested the traxxas and spektrums both and both are guilty of their failsafe not responding after setting just by turning receiver off. If that receiver does anything other than whatever u armed it to do upon signal loss “usually servos r neutral and or 25/50%-75% tops brake applied..then its failing. Radiolink for 3 years almost has had my back if I had issues (dropped 1 and they give u a lanyard so yep my bad, another idk what happened, went to update the software or firmware and apparently didn’t use the correct V version and wiped the screen to black.. so I will continue to have theirs so long as it’s a beneficial relationship
Thanks for the info!

I've got an rc6, I haven't used yet. The Rc8 came out right after I bought it. :doh: I want to get all of my crawlers on the RC6 so I can get rid of some remotes. I should work on that this weekend while I have some time. 🤔
For most part, until u get into the A.B.S. Settings and throttle curves and deep multi servo mixing it’s extremely user friendly. To menu RC6GS hold the 2 outermost buttons of the 4 until screen pops, tap function and enter . The fast start/throttle lock/hold-fast idle function for nitros is awesome. Open ur carb to preset gap and fire…literally seconds til ignition. I really take care of the stuff i have left and I know 1st hand the cost. This is easy choice tho

So your problem is that it either cuts-out, or it losses signal and runs away? Is this with the 6GS or the 8X?

I have a 4GS V3 and a 8X myself.
My first actual radio was the 4GS V3 as before then I was using the trashy stock Traxxas Tq Radios and when I was starting out. Got the 8X since I already have Radiolink receivers, and they are cheap, and also because I was getting more into the racing world.
I have been having some issues with my 8X where it would either cut-out or loose signal for a milisecond and come back, this happened to me last night during a race, landed from a jump it cut out, went full throttle and went into the straight and another car hit my car at full throttle since I couldn't control my car and it full throttled into the straight. I also had a cut-out where a marshall had to turn off and back on my car to fix it which added like 6 seconds to my laptime. At the old track that had to close up sadly, on the straight I would loose signal and my steering would turn the other way causing me to go full throttle into the pit area, and or into the drivers-stand.

This is all with my B74.1D, using the 8X with the R8FG V2.0 receiver (big bulky dual antenna). Before I was using the same radio but with the R6FG V5 receiver (smaller single antenna). Yesterday night due to those problems, good thing I packed my 4GS as a spare radio, bound that up with my same R8FG V2.0 as I had it in the car already, 0 issues.

Posted in the RadioLink group on FB for support. This morning I updated the firmware on my 8X to V1.2.0 as before I was running V1.1.8.
Also to mention, the R8FG receivers V2 and above (and V2.1 receivers) can run on FHSS 2 which allows for faster servo speed and latency. I heard on the FB Group that the V2 receiver I have is a bit finicky on FHSS V2 so I changed it to FHSS V1 (in receiver settings in the 8X menu). My updating and changing FHSS modes were this morning so can't test it until I'm back at the track which is going to be during winter break sadly.

I had the same issues with the R6FG V5 receiver I had in before, but I fought it was with the broken antenna end I had, which it wasn't it as I had the same problem with the R8FG 2.0 receiver. It has to be something in the 8X as my 4GS with the same receivers works perfectly fine.

All the other receivers I have which are the R4FGM (for my mini b, not sure which version tho) and R6FG V4 for my slash and rustler, never had any issues with both radios. Its only with my race buggy. Very weird. Maybe a factory reset will help but I already did that before and didn't fix it. And plus I don't wanna go back and reset all my models and settings and stuff.

All my cars are electric so I can't speak / say what would nitro do.

A few weeks ago I thought it was a battery problem I had as when I had this issue, I switched to CHNL shorties from my old Maclan shorties. I ran both battery brands yesterday and both had the same issue so that was eliminated. Highly doubt it was a battery problem anyways but just wanted to check.

RadioLink Official replied on my post in the group last night about checking the RSSI which it was perfectly fine on both radios I had.

Radiolink Official Group Facebook (support page) : https://www.facebook.com/groups/2093827670929009

I also fought it was a Gyro issue? I never used a gyro and probably never will because I can't due to racing. I have the receiver set to gyro OFF (green) and I turned off all gyro settings, and set the gyro gain to zero, still have the problem.

As I said earlier, I updated to the latest firmware and switched it to FHSS 1 so can't really test it until I'm at the track again.

This is a thread I started a little while ago: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...te-direction-on-what-i-turn-the-wheel.139584/
Getting my new RC8X: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/new-radio-radiolink-rc8x.138874/
Deciding on a new radio: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...rc8x-futaba-t4pm-sanwa-m17-flysky-nb4.138512/

I was saying to myself last night that if I can't fix this problem, I might just sell my 8X, might move to FlySky (most likely NB4) or Futaba (4PM Plus) but once I start going up to those higher end brands, cost will go up, and don't forget cost per receiver if you have multiple cars. I'm just club racing for fun. Not really want to race competitvly. So ideally I don't need and don't have the money for a 400 dollar plus radio (with spare receivers). I'm kinda mad that my uncle got his Futaba 7PX (700 dollar radio at the time), he won it in a wraffle and only had to pay 40 bucks. Smh. 🤣

Last edited:
I never had much luck with Spektrum and haven't touched the brand in many years.

I used to race with Radiolink for many years but have slowly migrated to the Fly Sky Noble NB4 which I prefer because it comes with antenna-less Rx's and better adjustability with the ergos. For a basher, Radiolink is fine, but I would pass on the brand for club racing.

My very first Radiolink was the RC3S roughly 9 years ago!

I would later get the RC4GS roughly 6 years ago:

So your problem is that it either cuts-out, or it losses signal and runs away? Is this with the 6GS or the 8X?

I have a 4GS V3 and a 8X myself.
My first actual radio was the 4GS V3 as before then I was using the trashy stock Traxxas Tq Radios and when I was starting out. Got the 8X since I already have Radiolink receivers, and they are cheap, and also because I was getting more into the racing world.
I have been having some issues with my 8X where it would either cut-out or loose signal for a milisecond and come back, this happened to me last night during a race, landed from a jump it cut out, went full throttle and went into the straight and another car hit my car at full throttle since I couldn't control my car and it full throttled into the straight. I also had a cut-out where a marshall had to turn off and back on my car to fix it which added like 6 seconds to my laptime. At the old track that had to close up sadly, on the straight I would loose signal and my steering would turn the other way causing me to go full throttle into the pit area, and or into the drivers-stand.

This is all with my B74.1D, using the 8X with the R8FG V2.0 receiver (big bulky dual antenna). Before I was using the same radio but with the R6FG V5 receiver (smaller single antenna). Yesterday night due to those problems, good thing I packed my 4GS as a spare radio, bound that up with my same R8FG V2.0 as I had it in the car already, 0 issues.

Posted in the RadioLink group on FB for support. This morning I updated the firmware on my 8X to V1.2.0 as before I was running V1.1.8.
Also to mention, the R8FG receivers V2 and above (and V2.1 receivers) can run on FHSS 2 which allows for faster servo speed and latency. I heard on the FB Group that the V2 receiver I have is a bit finicky on FHSS V2 so I changed it to FHSS V1 (in receiver settings in the 8X menu). My updating and changing FHSS modes were this morning so can't test it until I'm back at the track which is going to be during winter break sadly.

I had the same issues with the R6FG V5 receiver I had in before, but I fought it was with the broken antenna end I had, which it wasn't it as I had the same problem with the R8FG 2.0 receiver. It has to be something in the 8X as my 4GS with the same receivers works perfectly fine.

All the other receivers I have which are the R4FGM (for my mini b, not sure which version tho) and R6FG V4 for my slash and rustler, never had any issues with both radios. Its only with my race buggy. Very weird. Maybe a factory reset will help but I already did that before and didn't fix it. And plus I don't wanna go back and reset all my models and settings and stuff.

All my cars are electric so I can't speak / say what would nitro do.

A few weeks ago I thought it was a battery problem I had as when I had this issue, I switched to CHNL shorties from my old Maclan shorties. I ran both battery brands yesterday and both had the same issue so that was eliminated. Highly doubt it was a battery problem anyways but just wanted to check.

RadioLink Official replied on my post in the group last night about checking the RSSI which it was perfectly fine on both radios I had.

Radiolink Official Group Facebook (support page) : https://www.facebook.com/groups/2093827670929009

I also fought it was a Gyro issue? I never used a gyro and probably never will because I can't due to racing. I have the receiver set to gyro OFF (green) and I turned off all gyro settings, and set the gyro gain to zero, still have the problem.

As I said earlier, I updated to the latest firmware and switched it to FHSS 1 so can't really test it until I'm at the track again.

This is a thread I started a little while ago: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...te-direction-on-what-i-turn-the-wheel.139584/
Getting my new RC8X: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/new-radio-radiolink-rc8x.138874/
Deciding on a new radio: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...rc8x-futaba-t4pm-sanwa-m17-flysky-nb4.138512/

I was saying to myself last night that if I can't fix this problem, I might just sell my 8X, might move to FlySky (most likely NB4) or Futaba (4PM Plus) but once I start going up to those higher end brands, cost will go up, and don't forget cost per receiver if you have multiple cars. I'm just club racing for fun. Not really want to race competitvly. So ideally I don't need and don't have the money for a 400 dollar plus radio (with spare receivers). I'm kinda mad that my uncle got his Futaba 7PX (700 dollar radio at the time), he won it in a wraffle and only had to pay 40 bucks. Smh. 🤣
lol…oooo. Nooo nothing wrong with my radiolink stuff. It was the other 17 DX whatever made by spektrum and Or traxxas, never a pinched wire or nothing, always strong batteries etc. the dx3 and sr6200 avc stuff that came with the vendetta is a known issue to fail and unbind even mid run
lol…oooo. Nooo nothing wrong with my radiolink stuff. It was the other 17 DX whatever made by spektrum and Or traxxas, never a pinched wire or nothing, always strong batteries etc. the dx3 and sr6200 avc stuff that came with the vendetta is a known issue to fail and unbind even mid run

Did you see the photos of the slash that I sent in the thread?

Ohhh. Nvm then. Well thats the problems I been having with my stuff. Hopefully it can be fixed. Oh well, did a whole rant that wasn't needed. Ill save it for later. Lol
Well thats what I get after eating Thanksgiving dinner, I can't read properly! 🤣

Absolutely love it, love em all, anything they make, if not for their “questionable assembly “ otherwise nothing to complain about other then wth to do with the “other antennae “ on receiver haha…the RC6GS compared to anything else not Futaba/Sanwa(350-600$ retail) is not close with performance. The rc8 is different, the ability to use the screen in a different setting/setup etc, the mixing, the voice control is annoying I had to disable it…but i really got it for the fpv I wanna setup in everything now seeing as the model will now travel to my local Walmart and back with no interference lol…can't see em anymore is my new complaint 🤣
Any little bit of wiggle on buttons, tabs, switches.... that drives my nuts. Is everything solid feeling on the RCX8?

Ohhh. Nvm then. Well thats the problems I been having with my stuff. Hopefully it can be fixed. Oh well, did a whole rant that wasn't needed. Ill save it for later. Lol
Well thats what I get after eating Thanksgiving dinner, I can't read properly! 🤣
🤣
Any little bit of wiggle on buttons, tabs, switches.... that drives my nuts. Is everything solid feeling on the RCX8?
The RC eight is for the most part a very solid radio. It doesn’t have that cheaper feeling like the RC six GS does which I admit it does have but the RCA feels pretty good to me. Doesn’t come with anything fancy like different grips or anything like that like spectrum does, but whatever, the wheel placement is perfect. In my opinion for steering I love it it’s kind of drop down and forward.

Yea pretty much. Feels good. Trigger wheel and knobs, and buttons. The trim switches are ehh, I think they are the same switches it comes on the 4GS and 6GS, not sure.

Back