Alternate carb for a LRP 28 S3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I don't notice a discernable difference when blowing through the new tank vs the old tank. The associated primer bulb seems to restrict things a bit. I run one of those on all my rigs, so I'm guessing fuel delivery isn't the issue.

Think I'll put on the new tank, run some DA through the primer bulb and just install the 30, then perhaps throw the 28 in my buggy just to see how it reacts there with it's tank/primer bulb... eventually. I just want to run my truck when spare time allows.

Well, I don't notice a discernable difference when blowing through the new tank vs the old tank. The associated primer bulb seems to restrict things a bit. I run one of those on all my rigs, so I'm guessing fuel delivery isn't the issue.

Think I'll put on the new tank, run some DA through the primer bulb and just install the 30, then perhaps throw the 28 in my buggy just to see how it reacts there with it's tank/primer bulb... eventually. I just want to run my truck when spare time allows.

@olds97_lss from your post I would gather you like the primer bulbs. I thought I saw on one forum that someone said they leaked. I'm not sure how they'd leak as long as you secured them with a zip tie, but just wondering. Now for the stupid question. Does it go on the tube between your exhaust and tank, or between the tank and the carb? I ask because I usually blow through my exhaust tube to prime my engine as I haven't had much luck covering the exhaust to prime.

I can totally relate to just wanting to run when you have time. I work full time, in college, and have a 1 year old daughter. I bought the Savage 25 like a month and a half ago and it's still not running yet. I bought a CEN TR Arena Matrix about a week and a half ago, and still haven't gotten a chance to get it out. I had time the other day and then of all things my glow plug igniter was dead, I went in to charge it and it started raining. Just my luck.

I actually found this while searching. Not sure if I'd like the 2 in 1 aspect or not. But this seems to answer my previous question of the location. It goes between the tank and the carb.

http://smile.amazon.com/Qauick-Aluminum-Filter-rubber-vehicle/dp/B015GYVZHG/ref=sr_1_7?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1461880425&sr=8-7&keywords=rc+fuel+filter&refinements=p_85:2470955011

Last edited:
The primer is made by associated, and if I remember right, was on the MGT. Mine don't seem to leak. I ziptie the primer bulb to the one way valves and ziptie the fuel line to the one way valves. It goes in the fuel line to the carb. Works well for a couple things, priming and extended roof time running.

The 2-in 1's usually leak pretty bad.

I have the 30 installed now. Will start a new thread for that chronicling it's life the best I can:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/got-a-new-engine-for-my-savage-lrp-zr-30.112864/

Last edited:
Thanks, those were the ones I was looking at before I saw the 2 in 1. I figured it was like anything else 2 in 1. It worked in theory but not in reality. I'll check out your new thread.

i had the same idle issues with mine i tried another carb and it still did the same thing. my engine lost compression immediately after break in. i'm thinking it some thing internally maybe not machined correctly but idk. i ordered a losi piston and sleeve set for it to rebuild it and ill give it another shot.

Maybe pointing out the obvious here but you could always put some pressure on the line out of the tank to try and 'back flush' contaminants out of the filter. With a decent additive to break up the gunk, it should blow out pretty easy and you should be able to see any 'floaties' in the tank. That may help to narrow down the issues.

Also maybe good to just bypass the primer just to test it out. I have zero experience with anything but 4 stroke snowblower, 2 stroke lawnmower primers.