Almost done . . . with Neu parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrechM

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
For those of you interested.

I decided to turn the Merv into a serious 4s contender. There are still a few things left to do but it should be up and running by the weekend.

Its about 80% + upgraded or replaced with new parts. I should have ordered the parts and built it from scratch.

It should rip.

DSC02954.jpg

DSC02952.jpg

Looks awsome man. I know the feeling of doing a bunch of upgrades then feeling like you should have built it from scratch, i started buying parts to convert my lst2 to a XXL and now i have almot enough parts to build another lst2 lol

You don't happen to have the stock parts still that you would like to get rid of do you?..i've been wanting to convert my mini slash to a revo for the summer

Looks awsome man. I know the feeling of doing a bunch of upgrades then feeling like you should have built it from scratch, i started buying parts to convert my lst2 to a XXL and now i have almot enough parts to build another lst2 lol

You don't happen to have the stock parts still that you would like to get rid of do you?..i've been wanting to convert my mini slash to a revo for the summer

Thank you.

The parts you are looking for are being sent to one of servicemen in Iraq.

Great build Stretch! I love mini's with big gobs of power and this one should be no slouch :D

Nice choice in parts my friend, looking foward to updates!

Heath

Thanks Heath. Does this mean your Cow goodies are available here?

I'm curious to see if the drive train stays together.

STRETCH!!!!
Where have YOU been. Good to see you here.

Ralphie!!!

Been hide'n out. You know . . all elbows & a-h*l#s along with building another money pit.

Seriously- I want your bennie when you're done with it. I'll even throw in some old fomies and a good can of ca.

Pure insanity Stretch. That really is a cool build. What are those tires/wheels? Are they the ones from Proline that come pre-mounted? How 'bout some video? I know, I'm needy...:)

Pure insanity Stretch. That really is a cool build. What are those tires/wheels? Are they the ones from Proline that come pre-mounted? How 'bout some video? I know, I'm needy...:)
Thanks. They are the proline dirthawgs on titus beadlocks. I strapped (tapped) them inside with gorilla tape to stop them from balooning. A pain to do with all of the screws. I liked the idea of the heavier tires/wheels with all of the power from the motor wich is a Neu 1112/1y.
I did not forget your video request. I've still got hours of tweaking to do but I'll see if I can get my daughter to hold the camera when its finished.

Most of the complete list is in my merv 4s problem solved thread.
There's still a few things to finish. Sync the spektrum, cut the battery doors, shorten the esc and battery wires.

That's a really beautiful build, and when it's completed, I'd be more than happy to trade it for my beanie. :D (Props on the project)

Wow! Your rig's insane Stretch.

Almost makes me want to do something with my Merv other than sell it.

Rolex, Rob, thanks!

Interested in any trades Rob? I have 8 others.

Here's the meat and potatoes;

I'm a pretty bad painter. The triple x main inside stickers look good until the flash exposes the edges.
DSC02967.jpg

DSC02991.jpg

DSC02988.jpg

2 more;
DSC03004.jpg

DSC03002.jpg

That's a great looking MERV. I would hate too see that thing run on 4s. They're insane on 3s.

I know, its gonna get scratches on it :)

That's a really beautiful build, and when it's completed, I'd be more than happy to trade it for my beanie. :D (Props on the project)
I'd would consider trading it for those green tennies we were looking at the other day.:whhooo:

Took it for a short spin in the court and man-o-man its as smooth as silk.
Even with a pair of Hyperion VX 3s the CD took most of the wheelies away which made it very contollable (enjoyable). It stayed right side up the entire time. I did notice at the begining of the mid range the motor starts developing a lot of power and the front wants to lift with a heavier trigger finger. Strapping the tires is a great idea, no pizza cutters this time out. At the end I mowed the lawn with it a few times (it's thick and needs cut) then took its temp; motor 110*/esc 119*. The temp here was about 80*.
The start of the mid range is as far as I pushed it, there is still some minor ajusting that needs to done before it gets put to the test.
Diffs: 50k/100k/50k
Pinion: 32
Spur: 45

The Thunder Power 2250mah 2s Pro Power 45c lipos work with little modding. Some careful wiring placement along with rerouting the balancing taps so all wiring exits at the same point. They now fit perfectly. I always tape the lables back on so I can remember which batteries they are.

These pair will be used in series.

DSC03047.jpg

any videos yet? I would love to see this thing in action at WOT! lol

No videos yet. I've melted 2 spur/slippers figuring out the spring tension and I'm working on a slight torque steer issue. It drifts slightly during hard acceleration. I can only work on it as time allows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back