Again I'm impressed by the simplest things.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
For the last 10 years I have been battling in the kitchen over something as simple as a can opener. I wont go into it but my wife doesn't like the electric ones. I bitch an moan every time I have to open a can. Doesn't matter how much I spend on an opener they don't last more then 3-4 months. There is nothing worse then trying to use a dead can opener. To make things even worse, I'm left handed.

several months ago I was at a kitchen store and picked up a 0X0 Smooth edge opener. This thing is awesome! It opens cans without any sharp edges and even better you can put the top back on the can to re-seal it. After several months now it still opens cans like the day I got it.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000079XW2/qid=1103001421/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1_etk-kitchen/002-5375998-3056835?v=glance&s=kitchen&n=284507[/ame]

Just thought I would share my new tool find with all you guys. It would make a good stocking stuffer if your looking for ideas.

LOL I got the same thing but damn the thing I could not get it to work.. Child proof huh?

jon2 said:
LOL I got the same thing but damn the thing I could not get it to work.. Child proof huh?

Give it to one of the kids, I'm sure they will do just fine with it.
I'm just a kid at heart and it works great. :p:

LOL I will give it to my son and watch him make me look bad. LOL

This non electric thing you speak of it re-seals to??

ZANDOR said:
This non electric thing you speak of it re-seals to??

The way it cuts the top off it allows you to put it back on. Re-sealing may have been the wrong description.

still sounds cool I hate that damm can opener sitting on the counter looking like a blob just sitting there..collecting dust and having to clean around it...
Ya like I do that but it pains me every time I see my wife cleaning up just wipping around it...

I have a similar one I get fromWalMart. Works like a charm. The only thing I dont like is when you open something like tuna that needs the water drained the lid can't bepushed in to "squish" it.

I think weve had our ordinary electric opener for awhile. Only thing I hate is that gear that grips the can lid is getting kind of stripped.

Geez Ed. Does she make you churn your own butter, too? I used to associate with a woman who had this objection to anything modern in the kitchen. No electric can opener. No microwave. It was a huge pain in the ass. You can bet that once I was clear of her I was out buying all sorts of fancy crap. I feel your pain bro....

I use the same type can opener. I have only one issue with it. If the can is dented anywhere on the lip, it will not work. It needs to be perfect for it to work properly. Usually I just open the other end. But if it is also dented, I then need to pull out the old school style opener to get the job done.

Candyman said:
Geez Ed. I feel your pain bro....

We have lived in our house for over 10 years now and and I can count on one hand the times our dish washer has been used.

Excuse me while I go to the garage and feed the transportation so she can get to work. :p:

I guess giving you a call would be out of the question. Would you prefer Pony Express or smoke signals?

With this new can opener I don't have to worry about cutting my ear when I answer the can.

FastEddy said:
With this new can opener I don't have to worry about cutting my ear when I answer the can.
LOL Just rinse it out clean before you start "listening"?

I didn't know there were Omish in Tiawan LoL.