after run procedure?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fescue101

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
what does everyone do for after run. is it ok for the engine to suck all of the nitro out of the tank and run the rest out at an idle. or does it run the engine lean to where it will damage it in the long run? or can i just ad afer run oil to the engine as soon as i shut the engine off? i am just afraid that when you burn off the extra nitro it will damage the engine becase it revs up at high rpms until it dies. what is the least damaging way to do after run procedure?

if I'm done running for a few days i let it use all the fuel then start it up a few times to burn off the remanning fuel in the engine until it wont start anymore,

i then remove the glow plug and put a few drops of ARO in there and a few drops down the carb, i then crank the engine over for a few seconds so make sure the ARO has covered what it needs to.

if I'm done running for a few days i let it use all the fuel then start it up a few times to burn off the remanning fuel in the engine until it wont start anymore,

i then remove the glow plug and put a few drops of ARO in there and a few drops down the carb, i then crank the engine over for a few seconds so make sure the ARO has covered what it needs to.

+1 on this procedure. I also roll my piston to BDC before engine cools completely.

Whats ARO, I been telling my self I need to pick up a after run procedure

that is what i have always done to but it runs lean when you run all the nitro out. so i just was curious how that is not bad on the engine running it lean like that every time i put it away?

put 3-4 drops of marvel mystery oil in the carb, spin it over. dump the fuel.

I've always let mine run out of fuel...I've never seen any noticeable effect long term

that is what i have always done to but it runs lean when you run all the nitro out. so i just was curious how that is not bad on the engine running it lean like that every time i put it away?

Because you let it run out idling, & it's not running lean enough long enough to make a difference.

Now if you where pinning the throttle then you may run into an issue.

But I have always just run mine out fuel till the engine doesn't start anymore & then do my after-run & leave the engine at BDC.

That's also what I do ^^^^. I only use oil if it's going to sit more than a week or so. Letting it idle out of fuel won't hurt a thing.....That's about a 1000 revolutions compared to the hundreds of thousands that it just ran in a tank full of fuel.

+1 on this procedure. I also roll my piston to BDC before engine cools completely.

that reminds me i need to mark out were BDC is on my fly wheel
smileyvault-slaphead.gif

For the few seconds its running lean it will not hurt a thing. There is still oil in the bearings and enough on the sleeve to keep it lubed for those few seconds.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

thanks guy just wanted to make sure. that is how i have done my after run for the last two years but i just got a new t maxx and wanted to make sure. thanks again.