After run oil - should I?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzanzirc

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know this has been discussed. But I would like to get some fresh info. :)

I read a lot about after run oil and alternatives. The concensus is that ATF is a good after run oil as is air tool oil.

I also read that using fuels with castor and klotz oil, one shouldnt worry about after run oil.

Here is a pic of the fuel i use. And it contains castor and klotz lube. So should i use after run oil?

I went out and bought some air tool oil and put a few drops in the engine anyway. Lol.

Attachments

• 20220506_160549.jpg
    20220506_160549.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 87
I know this has been discussed. But I would like to get some fresh info. :)

I read a lot about after run oil and alternatives. The concensus is that ATF is a good after run oil as is air tool oil.

I also read that using fuels with castor and klotz oil, one shouldnt worry about after run oil.

Here is a pic of the fuel i use. And it contains castor and klotz lube. So should i use after run oil?

I went out and bought some air tool oil and put a few drops in the engine anyway. Lol.

After run oil is used when you plan on storing the engine for a long time ,like during
winter months ,or simply quit running the engine ,or a month at a time ,not after
every use!..:thumbs-up::cool:

After run oil is used when you plan on storing the engine for a long time ,like during
winter months ,or simply quit running the engine ,or a month at a time ,not after
every use!..:thumbs-up::cool:
Cool thx.

I've heard this as well. I guess i will order some proper oil when I order other things again. But for now a few drops of air tool oil after a coulple of tanks couldnt hurt I guess.

Just want my engine to last. 🤣

Cool thx.

I've heard this as well. I guess i will order some proper oil when I order other things again. But for now a few drops of air tool oil after a coulple of tanks couldnt hurt I guess.

Just want my engine to last. 🤣

I just use 3 & 1 oil ,all though oil protects from moister environments an keeps the fuel residue
from gumming up ,what saves your engine the most ,is to always put the piston down out of
the top of the sleeve after each run to save the pinch on the sleeve!
Rotate the piston all the way downward at the bottom of the block an put a mark on the flywheel
at an identifying location on the block!..:thumbs-up::cool:

I just use 3 & 1 oil ,all though oil protects from moister environments an keeps the fuel residue
from gumming up ,what saves your engine the most ,is to always put the piston down out of
the top of the sleeve after each run to save the pinch on the sleeve!
Rotate the piston all the way downward at the bottom of the block an put a mark on the flywheel
at an identifying location on the block!..:thumbs-up::cool:
Great thanks.

Yeah i learnt this BDC trick after i read up on why my "old" engine has wicked pinch. Lol. Thanks.

After i started the car yesterday for the first time i turned the engine to BDC. Shot! :)

I use after run oil in mine every time I use it because I don't really care much for nitro so I'm never sure when I will run it again.