Acer Racing bearings?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Any good? I saw an ad in the new issue of RCCA with Greg Degani as their sponsered racers. They are Ceramic Nitride bearings and I was thinking of buying 2 5x10mm clutchbell bearings for my new Sirio .21. Are these bearings faster? Less heat? I like their company solgan "The hardest balls in the industry"

From what I understand they have great sealed bearings. They are expensive but should last a good long time. Being sealed they wont need maintenance.

A good set of bearings will keep things running smooth and enhance performance.

If you are looking for a good bargain brand sealed bering I have had great luck with Team Bluestar.

http://teambluestar.com/

-Ed

Those are way cheaper! You like them huh? I think I will try some for my wheels brakes and steering. I just ordered 2 or the 5x10's from Acer so I will post how I like them in my new Sirio when the arrive. The set for my Storm from acer was $130 for 20 bearings OUCH! but I still want them. I am a glutten for wallet punishment! Thank god I am good with computers and have a good job to pay for all this stuff.

Ouch thats $4.00 per bearing. If the lasted for ever it wouldn't much matter, but they don't.

I'm sure they are a better quality and if I were a good enough driver to notice the difference I might be willing to pay the price, but I'm not:x

The clutch bell is a great place for a bearing upgrade, its one of the hardest working bearing sets on any RC.

Let us know how you like them.

I will and I paid $8 bucks per bearing when you buy them in singles so the set actually saves you money. I should have them for the weekend and I hope for good wheather because I am itching to break in my Sirio.

They are supposed to be some of the best bearings out there. They claim that their Ceramic nitride bearings will last 10X longer than any other bearing.

if they last 10X then the price is no problem you are actually saving money!

Yep, at least that's what they claim.

I have a set of Blue Star bearing on my Mtx-2 and they were pretty strong and smooth. You can also look at Boca bearings, those are also good stuff. I never used Acer before, but I think they are also quality bearings.

Reading up on Acers bearrings has also sparked my interest in them as well. However, I dont see a need to use them everywhere due to the price. I am going to order the bearrings I need from them for all of my crankshafts (should prevent leakage if they are as good as they claim), clutchbells and axles. These are my BIGGEST concerns where bearrings are. The rest I will still use good sealed bearrings like BlueStar or Boca.

My LHS wont stock them though because of the minimum first order is about 300$ or something along those lines and I dont think they allow the LHS to restock what they dont sell. Oh well, guess I just have to go with 100% retail cost as I havent found them discounted anywhere.

Yeah I just ordered mine off of their website by the singles I got 4 diff bearings and 2 clutchbell bearings we will see how it goes. I am expecting them tomorrow.

Let us know how you like them!

Also, which series did you get? I know they make a few different models.

I oredered the cermaic nitride bearings off of their site I didnt see different types? Hmm need to go back and look.

Take a closer look. They have 3 or 4 different types. You can get their "second best" set for around $40

Ceramic Nitride Pro Series Polyamide Sealed Bearings

Super Polyamide Sealed Bearings

TEFLASONIC Dual PTFE Sealed Bearings

ACER Racing also stocks a variety of sizes of bearings with METAL shields or RUBBER seals

These are the ones I found.....

Let us know how well they work against heat and sealing the front bearings.

Item Number: CERM
Item Name: CERAMIC NITRIDE PRO BEARINGS
Options: SIZE: 5X10.
Quantity: 2
Price: 7.99
Unit Subtotal: 15.98

So these are the best ones I take it? They are the ones I am awaiting.

Oh look what just came in the mail

25008711.gif

Looks like the weather is going to be great so someone I know will be breaking in a Sirio.

I am still waiting for the diff bearings as I ordered them the next day so I wont have then until monday. I will post how everything worked and my review (for what its worth) of Acer Racing bearings.

I'm so jealous. I wanted to take a trip out to see the local track on Sat. We are going camping instead and the wife had dictated NO R/Cs!

Good luck with your bearings and breaking in the Sirio.

Thanks. Sounds like you need to get your pants back from you wife!:sorry: :jk:

Back