abadk9420's SNG Shafty Chassis Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I got all my parts from Joe over at East End Machining today which consisted of a SNG Shafty Chassis, EEM Delrin straight links for the front, EEM Delrin bent links for the rear, Axial transmission case, Axial axle housing, and various spacers, everything else remains pretty much the same as it did before,

Here is a list of what all is in my Comp Rig
Chassis - East End Machining SNG Shafty Chassis
Lower Links - East End Machining Delrin Links Front Straight, Rear Bent
Upper Links - Front Traxxas Jatto tie rods, Rear Custom made Delrin
Motor Mount - East End Machining heavy duty motor mount plate
Transmission - Axial with RRP Aluminum Bottom gear, RC4WD Steel Idler and Top gears with a DNA Dig
Steering - Jet Boat BTA Steering setup
Axles - Axial - Front - S3R solid 1 piece steel lockers with HD gears
Rear - S3R solid 1 piece steel lockers with HD under drive gears
Knuckles - VP Aluminum High Steer knuckles
C's/Lockouts - Axial Aluminum C's and Lockouts
Wheels - Axial Rockster wheels, custom narrowed to 1"
Tires/Foams - HB White Dot Rovers - foams - F400 front, custom foams rear
Drive Shafts - MIP C-spline CVD Drive Shafts
Motor - Integy 35T
ESC - Castle Creations Mamba Max
BEC - Castle Creations BEC
Batteries - 11.1 volt 3S lipo batteries
Servos - Hitec 7955 steering and Hitec 5645 dig

EEM Parts
P1110527Small.jpg

New Transmission Case
P1110531Small.jpg

Going together
P1110533Small.jpg

P1110534Small.jpg

P1110535Small.jpg

P1110536Small.jpg

P1110539Small.jpg

P1110540Small.jpg

P1110548Small.jpg

P1110555Small.jpg

P1110547Small.jpg

P1110554Small.jpg

P1110556Small.jpg

P1110557Small.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good bro.

Great looking crawler my friend, looks like some thought went into it :)

Heath

Thanks Everyone, I am really digging and like the look of the new chassis, pictures do it no justice, seeing it in person will make you go WOW!!! that is some nice machine work, LOL!!!! I will be running it at our club finals this Saturday.

Last edited:
Looks good:thumbs-up:

Can't wait to see how you like it

I can't wait either, I had it out on my little rock pile and it was hooking up pretty well. here is a couple of pics of it on the rocks.

P1110562Small.jpg

P1110563Small.jpg

P1110564Small.jpg

P1110568Small.jpg

Some updated info and pics of how it currently sits.

Well first off this has been a very fun build, and after trying different link lengths both upper and lower, adjusting the ride height and getting the wheel base just under 12.5", as well as cutting off the excess motor mount plate, and custom drilling the blank skid plate that Joe over at East End Machining sent me, which made it possible for me to get my transmission as far forward and to the passengers side as I can, this did a few things for me, it gives me more clearance between the drive shafts and upper and lower links, it gives me straighter drive shaft angles, less torque twist, and also allows me to use all of the upper link holes in the rear that my dig was in the way of before. I also did the rod end mod to my to my Duratrax shocks and put them back on, this made them the perfect length and they seem to leak less then my Losi crawler shocks. I also went back to my Mayhem Spiders up front after stripping out the hex in the Axial wheels.

Pics
P1120103Small.jpg

P1120104Small.jpg

P1120105Small.jpg

P1120101Small.jpg

P1120100Small.jpg

P1120098Small.jpg

P1110899Small.jpg

P1110904Small.jpg

P1110912Small.jpg

P1110910Small.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good bro, nice job.

Small update, I just went back to CVD's I will be trying out Axials version with some Gunner Pins which are supposed to be much stronger then the stock pins, I also got a set of his hex pins to try out, and sometime in the future I will be rocking a new body sporting the East End Machining logo down the sides, it will be going to the painter this Saturday at our next club comp and i hope to have it back for the first club comp of the new year.

This a couple pics from the last comp
P1130276Small.jpg

P1130300Small.jpg

P1130299Small.jpg

P1130284Small.jpg

P1130305Small.jpg

P1130280Small.jpg

Just an FYI too, your packs are now being carried in their US warehouse. They were outta stock yesterday but that will change alot I'm sure. Nice pics.

Back