abadk9420's SNG Shafty Chassis Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an FYI too, your packs are now being carried in their US warehouse. They were outta stock yesterday but that will change alot I'm sure. Nice pics.

Good to hear, I am sure that will dramatically cut the cost of shipping and shipping time.
But at the moment I am kinda pissed off at Hobby King, I ordered 4 new 1300 like the ones I already had and one of them had a bad cell and will not charge, They want me to pay to ship it back to China or where ever they are and then once they receive it and see that it is defective they will send me a new one, that would take about another month plus I already paid $15 to have them shipped, so i opened a dispute with pay pal and that got there attention a little more, all I want them to do is send me a freaking $13 battery to replace the defective one, i could see if it was a $100 battery, but even then I should not have to pay to ship it back when it was defective right out of the box.

That area is a fun place to crawl for sure, we all had a great time.

Last edited:
Small update on the comp rig

Well for Christmas today I got my new wheels and tires for my SNG Shafty comp rig consisting of Vanquish Products DH2 Pro Comp wheels with a full set of stainless weights up front and There SWL V4 wheels for the rear all with HB Sedona tires and Panther custom cut F400 foams mounted on them, I'm also trying my lower links all the way out on the axle side and it worked pretty well at my last comp, here is a few pics of the new wheels and tires.

P1130951Small.jpg

P1130957Small.jpg

P1130955Small.jpg

P1130953Small.jpg

Should have my new body on January 8th at my next club comp.

Lookin good Curtis! Your in love with them arent you?

Lookin good Curtis! Your in love with them arent you?

Thanks!!! yes I love them and were by far the easiest bead lock wheels I have mounted tires on, only problem is I think I have the widest off set hubs already for the DH wheels and I narowed them up by removing 1 spacer from the wheel and they still rub on the battery and shocks and lower links when I turn, So I am going to talk to steve over at VP and see if he can make a wider off set, I need about another 1/8"-1/4" wider, I am at 10-1/8" wide up front and 9-7/8" in the rear the way it is set up now.

Atleast you have alot more room to move out up front. Might try a thicker hex on each side first though.

Atleast you have alot more room to move out up front. Might try a thicker hex on each side first though.

The hubs I have are designed for Axial hexes, you got any idea which hexes i should use?

Just try some thicker 12mm hexes, their be flat and not have the nipple like the axials but they would work Id think.

I'll see if I have anything thicker and try em in my hubs and let you know.

Just try some thicker 12mm hexes, their be flat and not have the nipple like the axials but they would work Id think.

I'll see if I have anything thicker and try em in my hubs and let you know.

Sounds good, I will be waiting to see what you find out. And in the meant time I will look around and see if I have anything, pretty sure I don't though.

Heres a picture of my stock xr10's, are yours like them? If so, then the ones on the right are thicker, but plastic. You can drill a hole next to the pin on both ends and tap it 3mm and put a grub in there so the pin can't spin farther than that if it start to strip out grove.

003-135.jpg

Thanks for the idea Lloyd, but Steve from VP just called me back a few minutes ago and said they are coming out with a wider hub for the DH2's that will give me about another 1/4" between the inside of the wheel and the lower links, shocks and battery which is exactly what I need.

Ok thats better.

Switching back to my Rovers after some testing with the Sedonas at the indoor crawler course, even after I sipped them they just were not hooking up very well, I might give them another try outdoors.

It takes several packs to get used to them imo especially since you are just used to rovers.

Last edited:
It takes several packs to get used to them imo especially since you are just used to rovers.

I will give them another try at a later time after I get my wider hubs on some outdoor rock, maybe the February club comp, I also noticed when I got home from crawling at the indoor course yesterday and was looking my rig over that my steering servo looked funny, after closer inspection I noticed that I had broken the mounting tabs off one side of the servo case, luckily one of the LHS had a replacement case in stock and I got it fixed today. I did how ever suffer a puncture wound in the palm of my hand from my screw driver when I was tightening up the screws for the new servo case, I got lucky and hit bone:whhooo: which stopped it from going all the way through my hand:whhooo: LOL!!!:D Just glad it was one of my smaller tipped Phillips head screw drivers, still bled pretty good though.:D

Just a current pic to add to the build thread.

P1140101.jpg

P1140100.jpg

Wow Andy's painting skills are getting MUCH better. Looks really good.

Another Small update as well as something many of you may find handy.

I picked up some wider hexes made by J Fab on RCC, they are made for Axail axles and will work on the AX10 and SCX10 axles, they did not completely fix my problem with the tires rubbing on my shocks but helped a lot, I am still waiting on the soon to be made wider hubs for the VP DH2's. here is a couple pics for you.

P1150019Small.jpg

P1150021Small.jpg

The only down fall is you loose a little of the threads on the axle and need to use some blue Loctite.

Wow thats close indeed, bout time I see your new lid on here, saww it on rcc awhile back. Looks great, what body is that I like it alot

Back