A little taste of freedom.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I got to go out and fly some rc's this morning, It was way overdue. I've only flown four times counting today since the beginning of the year. Amazingly enough I greased all my landings and had a great time. Only flew my micros today, Flew the UMX Turbo Timber first to get back in the groove. Next up was the UMX ducted fan MiG 15. It is such a great flyer but you have to nail the landings or she bounces. No bouncing today! Still grinning, I think I really needed to get out in the fresh air. :)

Only bad thing was that I didn't even think about taking pics until I was driving home. DOH!

You just had to post this, didn't you? I've been getting the itch lately, that Turbo Timber looks awsome. Sport Cubs/bush planes are my favorite. Glad you got in some stick time.

You just had to post this, didn't you? I've been getting the itch lately, that Turbo Timber looks awsome. Sport Cubs/bush planes are my favorite. Glad you got in some stick time.

I love the STOL Bush planes :thumbs-up:

I got to go out and fly some rc's this morning, It was way overdue. I've only flown four times counting today since the beginning of the year. Amazingly enough I greased all my landings and had a great time. Only flew my micros today, Flew the UMX Turbo Timber first to get back in the groove. Next up was the UMX ducted fan MiG 15. It is such a great flyer but you have to nail the landings or she bounces. No bouncing today! Still grinning, I think I really needed to get out in the fresh air. :)

Only bad thing was that I didn't even think about taking pics until I was driving home. DOH!
We'll let the "pics or it didn't happen" thing ride. We can tell by the excitement you got out @Doom! Glad you did and had great time.

Good morning to all-

Brother, sounds like you had a good time- good on you! It's remarkable how much a little rc aviation can lift one's spirits and make things seem better.

good flying- good life.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

No  dog bird fights like Ed?

I can understand your feelings. I am taking my Draco out today for the first time this year.

Took the UMX Turbo Timber out this morning, had 4 good flights then had to call it quits. Already 95 degrees by 9:30 in the morning. Can't go earlier or the sun is right in our eyes. Need to find a better place to fly but still had a good time.

I missed my window of no wind this morning, wind came right as i finished my cup of tea…
Maybe tomorrow!

I've replaced the prop and prob mounter thingy "what ever it's called" on my micro cub so it's ready to fly.
Almost done with the foam glider project so I will take them both out next week sometime.
I'm gonna order another micro Wednesday but not sure which one yet.
I'm leaning towards a Corsair F4U.

Good morning to all-
Tunedpipe- the Microwarbird Corsairs I have are all excellent fliers. It's funny but some of them- I have three- fly better on double blade props and some fly much better on triple blades- you may want to try both and see.

I have found the sun to be a major consideration when flying- the brilliance can make it very hard to see the little planes- easy to lose them in the sun and then lose them altogether- and I have down that very thing, I assure you!

It's storming like Noah and the Arc right now, so my afternoon flying may have to wait until tomorrow. you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Good morning to all-
Tunedpipe- the Microwarbird Corsairs I have are all excellent fliers. It's funny but some of them- I have three- fly better on double blade props and some fly much better on triple blades- you may want to try both and see.

I have found the sun to be a major consideration when flying- the brilliance can make it very hard to see the little planes- easy to lose them in the sun and then lose them altogether- and I have down that very thing, I assure you!

It's storming like Noah and the Arc right now, so my afternoon flying may have to wait until tomorrow. you all be safe and keep well- Ed
Thanks Ed, I will definitely keep that in mind.

Back