A good relatively inexpensive 21-27 that's not an OS 21 RG!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone know of an ok engine for around or prefferably under $200 that's a 21 or larger that has around 1.9 to 2.3hp, n maxx RPM around 38k, pullstart and preferably a pilot shaft?

Thanks.

Are you? I hear you have bigger fish to fry

Something like that, but I wanted to see something other than work for 5 minutes.

I don't think they like this being used as a chat room...

hmm...weird thread so far..anyway...i can't think of any engines that have 1.9-2.3 claimed hp and pull-start other than maybe the hyper .21 or the hpi .21bb? i will say that if you want more power for only 129$ with pull start 2.6hp/massive low end the XTM 24.7 will do you only good...BTW it is rated at only 28k rpms...but it made my savage 25 go much faster up top and during acceleration than the claimed 38krpm the s-25 reaches.

Well, I was asking for bomber. He ended up getting a hot bodies 26 powerhouse. So we are both now running off brands. I'm running an omega 21 comp that rates at 2.4, the hot bodies 26 rates at 2.6.

Guess we will see on our own how things work out.

Hey olds....

My budddy owes me some money and he's got a Professionally mod'd ONFA 21 Hyper 8 port that I told him I'd take for the money he owes. The engine was mod'd when it was new and now has less then a gallon through it. That engine produces awesome power though the entire band, tunes easy and holds a tune well. I was gonna keep it but it will probably end up collecting dust. He's also replaced all the needles on the carb with better ones and re-done all the 0-rings. I'll have it in a week or so.

Drop me a PM if your interested. It'll blow that old OS mill and your current engine away.

Back