4WD SLASH wOOt!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Finally.

832x400_its_here.jpg

http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/6808_slash4x4/tour/default.html

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where the word "HELLA" comes into play!

I can't get get it to load right now but does this mean it is now out and will be available for purchase right away?

Nope, the price hasn't been released yet, nor has the release date. (At least I don't believe, correct me if I'm wrong) However, I'm impressed with Traxxas! A redesigned truck for once and not just recreating something off the Revo Chassis and suspension. My biggest worry is that the price tag will be too high. Either way, looks awesome! Love the body style, tires, and of course the 4WD! The 2.4GHz is also a great addition. I just wish they'd make a kit version; or even a roller with no radio, Motor, ESC, etc.

Man I really want a price and fast! I wonder if they will be doing a roller too? I hope so.

Traxxas does not do rollers.

I'm guessing the street price will be around $385 or better due to the 2.4 setup.

Well thats poopy, I want a roller....Oh well. Think alotta the 2wd slash parts will be usable on this one?

The A-arms, bumpers, shocks, shower towers and body mounts appear to be the same. I'm sure there's more than that though.

Well thats poopy, I want a roller....Oh well. Think alotta the 2wd slash parts will be usable on this one?

Not a big deal. Just sell the 2.4 TX/RX and Velineon setup on feebay. They will take a good amount off the intitial cost of the rig.

I will keep the Velineon, but the TX/RX will go for sure.

Hard to say on the parts. 4wd changes a lot of what goes on in the front and rear ends. Hopefully the arms are the same so that RPM's will work right out of the gate.

I'm really digging this thing. Tunable diffs, stand up suspension, transponder mounting points, 2.4ghz from the factory, not bad Traxxas...not bad. :first_place:

Gotta hand it to Traxxas.

They sold a lot of Slashes and made the competition play catch up. Now they have this just when AE, Losi and HPI stepped up to the plate with 2WD versions to compete with the Slash. Looks like they will be playing catch up once again.

Yes, but Ofna's sct that will be out soon is 4wd. I like this Slash way better than the two wheel drive version but if Ofna offers a version of theirs with no radio gear it may give this some competition right away. Either way it's nice to see another 4wd sct out there now.

I wanted the Ofna until now.

Parts support for a Traxxas vehicle is second to none.

I'm not all that interested in the 4wd aspect but I really like the rear transaxle/motor position. This could make an interesting 2wd build from parts since there's no chance there'll be a roller available. Like with the 2wd Slash there will be new truck part outs on ebay very soon. I built a new Slash roller for just over $50.00 by winning many auctions with very low bids. Hopefully I can do it again with this new design but as a 2wd.

Joe

Time to sell the eRevo. That looks sweet.

I will take mine in Blue.:D Nice work Traxxas. I am impressed by there new approach thinking. It isn't off the shelf components slapped together. Thanks You Yet Again.:thumbup1:

Finally got to see the video, they did a good job putting it together, pretty sick!

Its nice that Traxxas finally put 32p in a 1/10 bl rtr. Many noobs will be happy! I just hope we can use bigger spurs. Doesn't look like there is much room there.

Back