4-tec 2.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Just picked this up. It's a new 4-tec 2.0 xl5 chassis. I put a vxl system I had kicking around in it along with this redcat body I had hanging around
20210617_210622.jpg

5 minutes in and I guess the vxl was a little too much as I melted the spur gear completely. Could have been a little tight as well. Oh well things happen
20210617_220943.jpg

If it happens again you may have some excessive drag somewhere in the drive line.

Got a new spur gear today and got it in. Mesh was totally off. Got that adjusted and it's running great.

I did have to send my original xl5 esc back to traxxas as no matter what I did it had the red and green blink of death going on. I did the reset procedure several times to no avail then got an ram number. Just got the email they replaced it as it was a warranty issue inside the esc. I've been bummed since I want to put that system in my trx-4 sport. So I'm just waiting for the return package to get here.

I have a spectrum ESC that is getting warranty replaced but its been on back order for weeks now. o_O

Took it out today and let the wife drive it. Her first time with a touring car and well I lost it. She traded all her others except her raptor for it lol. She liked it that much. Eneded up hitting a curb and stripping the servo but luckily I had a savox 1258tg sitting around and threw that in it so its now fixed.

Sounds like I'm lucky my wife isnt in to RCs lol
Somedays I feel cursed. However I feel luckier than most as she does enjoy driving them and has fun picking bodies out. Her driving style is more just parking lot cookies than trying to run lines or racing. The 4tec is a hood car for her that way.

Back