3.3 engine replacement

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro kid

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Looking for a drop in engine for my nitro 4 tec 3.3 I'm really think of doing a Novarossi 2.5 SC and Hot Racing 3 shoe clutch. Same or more power if less power only a little less than 3.3. My budget is $200 I've seen Dynamite .19 Mach 2,Ofna JL .28,Picco.26,OS21TM tell me which ones You think will be good

I’ve never seen an unboxed nitro 4-tec 3.3, Isn’t a 3.3 a small block (been a while since I held a nitro)?

I think you’ll need to buy another small block, unless your gonna modify the chassis to accommodate a big block engine. Some of the engines that you mentioned are big blocks...lol that always gets me...big block engines on an RC.

A lot of big block engines don’t have a high RPM range you’ll have to make sure what every you buy has the RPMs to work within the transmissions gear range.

The OFNA ones require a different engine mount, they aren't "drop in" engines. The 21TM probably won't get the RPM's the 3.3 does, but will be a far sight easier to tune and have more overall power to allow for higher gearing.

If your looking for speed, an OS18TZ is a monster of a small block if you can find one.

Back