3.3 engine replacement

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in
Nitro kid

Nitro kid

RC Newbie
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Looking for a drop in engine for my nitro 4 tec 3.3 I'm really think of doing a Novarossi 2.5 SC and Hot Racing 3 shoe clutch. Same or more power if less power only a little less than 3.3. My budget is $200 I've seen Dynamite .19 Mach 2,Ofna JL .28,Picco.26,OS21TM tell me which ones You think will be good

Alexander_0_1

Alexander_0_1

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads"
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing
I’ve never seen an unboxed nitro 4-tec 3.3, Isn’t a 3.3 a small block (been a while since I held a nitro)?

I think you’ll need to buy another small block, unless your gonna modify the chassis to accommodate a big block engine. Some of the engines that you mentioned are big blocks...lol that always gets me...big block engines on an RC.

A lot of big block engines don’t have a high RPM range you’ll have to make sure what every you buy has the RPMs to work within the transmissions gear range.

olds97_lss

olds97_lss

RCNT VIP
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing
The OFNA ones require a different engine mount, they aren't "drop in" engines. The 21TM probably won't get the RPM's the 3.3 does, but will be a far sight easier to tune and have more overall power to allow for higher gearing.

If your looking for speed, an OS18TZ is a monster of a small block if you can find one.