2wire won't power up my FlySky receiver

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairy W Bush

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a brand new 2 wire power switch but unfortunately it looks like my flysky receiver needs a 3wire. What should I get?? I found a couple different ones on ebay but they won't work. my battery pack is a 2 wire and then from there I'll need a 3, right?

I have a brand new 2 wire power switch but unfortunately it looks like my flysky receiver needs a 3wire. What should I get?? I found a couple different ones on ebay but they won't work. my battery pack is a 2 wire and then from there I'll need a 3, right?

For power you just need red and black, the third, usually white wire, is the signal wire.

Maybe I'm not understanding the question.

well it's a brand new receiver and it will not light up. new batteries too

you can probably find a 2 to 3 wire adapter or get a new one

Are you connecting the positive and negative to the correct pins?

Theres no need for the 3rd wire or an adapter, its just a signal wire. Like WF said, make sure you have positive hooked up to the middle pin and make sure the negative wire is hooked up to the negative pin which is the pin toward the outside of the receiver housing.

well that was dumb of me..it does light up. however it will not let me me put the connector in the next slot if it is facing the right way.
in the pic you will see the next slot where I am unable to insert the connector.

20221116_170027[1].jpg

well that was dumb of me..it does light up. however it will not let me me put the connector in the next slot if it is facing the right way.
in the pic you will see the next slot where I am unable to insert the connector.

View attachment 155680
You'll need to either crimp/solder on a Futaba connector. Or you can take the wires out of the red housing and put heat shrink around them and then just plug the individual wires in to the RX.

Not sure if these are right, but you could find adaptors.
OliYin 10pcs JR Futaba Male Servo Connector Plug to JST Female Adapter Cable 22awg 10cm Silicone Wire for RC Lipo Battery https://a.co/d/aJgOGFa

What's JST?
JST connectors are electrical connectors manufactured to the design standards originally developed by J.S.T. Mfg. Co. (Japan Solderless Terminal). JST manufactures numerous series (families) and pitches (pin-to-pin distance) of connectors.

JST connectors are used in many types of products, and commonly used by electronics hobbyists and consumer products for rechargeable battery packs, battery balancers, battery eliminator circuits, 3D printers, and radio controlled servos.

There are a lot of different types of JST connectors you will run in to in this hobby and even outside of this hobby. For example those red connectors are JST-RCY connectors. RCY being the family of JST connector. JST-XH is the proper name of the connectors that are used on most standard LiPos and LiPo chargers. JST-EH are also sometimes used for LiPo balance plugs on batteries and chargers although less commonly so. IIRC I blieve some companies like Polyquest, Hyperion, and Graupner use the JST-EH connectors. Then other companies like Thunder Power have their own proprietary connector just called a ThunderPower or TP connector.

1668695744653.png

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the terminals are the same and you could de-pin the connector and put them into the correct housing for the application.

Old servo or esc sitting around you could steal one from?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the terminals are the same and you could de-pin the connector and put them into the correct housing for the application.

Old servo or esc sitting around you could steal one from?
I went and looked at them because I have both sets of connectors on hand and I believe you're correct. There are some slight variations but they are 95% the same. It should work.

Good info Greywolf thanks!
FJC you are absolutely right. I simply switched the pins and it's Ok now.
And now I have a new issue! I binded my car for the 1st time and the throttle servo was acting twitchy, and steering was not functioning. I re-binded it and my throttle servo is now stable, but I still do not have steering function. Servo is new and I swapped to channel 2 and it was functioning.

Good info Greywolf thanks!
FJC you are absolutely right. I simply switched the pins and it's Ok now.
And now I have a new issue! I binded my car for the 1st time and the throttle servo was acting twitchy, and steering was not functioning. I re-binded it and my throttle servo is now stable, but I still do not have steering function. Servo is new and I swapped to channel 2 and it was functioning.
If calibrating doesn't work then try plugging the ESC into channel 1 and see if FWD/REV work with the steering wheel

Back