1st Racing Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I've decided to make the plunge and get into racing, so I thought I would keep up with the project on here so prospective racing noobs can see what goes into it. I bought a brand new Associated RC10T4 today. It's a nice truck and I'm excited about racing. I'll update the thread as my parts come in and I install them. Here's some pictures of the truck as it came out of the box. It had an RC10.com sticker on the front, so I immidiately pulled it off and put a big rcnitrotalk.com sticker across the back. I took the truck out on the street in front of my house for about 5 minutes, and it really surprised me. This thing is already pretty uick and handles like its on rails right out of the box. Once I get my good batteries in, I will start upgrading the drivetrain. Although he's not around much, I would like to say thanks to guys like jetmech and mw and the others for giving me the advice I needed to get involved in racing. I didn't want to get started without first learning a lil something about RC's, so now that I'm on my third and fourth build, I decided it's a good time to start the journey that is learning about racing.

100_0353.jpg

100_0355.jpg

100_0359.jpg

100_0361.jpg

100_0362.jpg

100_0366.jpg

Last edited:
looks good man. did you make your own RCNT stickers or are they only for the cool people lol J/K

nice ride though. how much did you pay for a hunk of plastic with some wires coming out of it =]

You're ate up! lol, nice truck though. I was thinking about getting the same one, but I'm really liking 1:18th scale because I can run them more. I may just have to buy both...I guess I'm ate up with it too.

Well, Good luck with it. So far I haven't seen you turn out a bad one yet.

nice looking rig charles...i like the placement of the RCNT decal....i put some on my lid for my aftershock and they look great.
when are you going to get it dirty?

where is everyone getting these decals from! lol

Thanks a lot guys!! I was so excited about my new purchase but noe one else seems to care, so it makes me feel better to hear great comments like that. Yeap, I'm ate up. I didn't make the stickers. You can become a supporting member and get a set, and then not only will you have stickers, you will also be one of the cool people.

You can become a supporting member and get a set, and then not only will you have stickers, you will also be one of the cool people.

ohh alright. i always wanted to do that but my stupid pay pal is being retarted!. ill try PMing woodie to see if he'll take a MO. so i can hang with all the COOL people lol. and its a really great car you got there man. keep up the good work!!

mattyfats, for a few dollars more than you will pay for the stickers, you can become a suppoting member and gets lots of other goodies as well.

yeah i want to become a supporting member but i just have to PM Woodie and see if hell take an MO. cuz i want to support RCNT in anyway possible so I'm sure you will see my name in green very soon =]

I got my 3300 nimh battery packs in today, I'm charging them now and I'll let you know how things go with good batteries.

Beautiful rig, Charlie. Who did the paint?

Get cool Matty, and we'll give you a key to the secret cave and access to the arcade also. I hold the world's record for the penguin bash.

i wana hear about those batteries with the rustler rig after u put in ur new 550 12turn motor.

I'll be sure and let you know. I ordered a brushless setup for the T4. I ordered the Castle Creations sidewinder 4600. Although the 5700 was my first intention, I know that the fastest isn't always faster, so I did some checking and the 4600 can be set up to be mighty powerful but can also be set up to be manageable for racing, where the 5700 is like having a big block in a muscle car. It will tear it up in a straight line IF you can get traction, but basically is would just be a lot of unhranessed power. The 4600 seems like a much better setup, and can handle 3S lipos and 12 cells nimh, so it will have the power when I need it, yet have the finesse for racing. If I was just bashing and not concerned with lap times, I would get or recommend the 5700 because it's kinda like telling guys you have a 16 inch lift on your truck, knowing that thing will never leave paved surface. "Mines bigger than yours" always makes you feel better unless you're saying it to someone who just beat you in a race.

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it...

I can't wait for brushless power with lipos, I'm already singing oldies and it hasn't been shipped yet.

Beautiful rig, Charlie. Who did the paint?

Get cool Matty, and we'll give you a key to the secret cave and access to the arcade also. I hold the world's record for the penguin bash.

That would be team associated, right out of the box. Haven't had time to do a custom body yet.

It looks sharp! Ever since you said they will run a 2wd electric class the wheels have been turning.

uh oh, someone better get back to bashing those penguins. Man, talk about the train leaving the tracks, carshing into the water after hiting a bridge on the way down, landing on a torpedo, and burning. sceeeeeeccchhhh... derailed lol

Back