180 Size brushless? (in TRX4m)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke66

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
so, the Kyosho Mini-Z uses a 180 size brushless motor. would a Mini-Z Brushless system work in a TRX4m or other 18th scale rigs? (dont want to give away my next build yet, but rest assured, its a banger.)
the only problem i can think of is that the Mini-Z motor may not have as much torque as the Titan 180.
plus, the rotation is reversed on the Titan, but not on the Mini-Z. (my next build will be able to get around that.....)

Idk
the mini z is alot smaller than the trx4m so the motor might not be good for a slightly bigger car.
It is a 180 can size motor, but how many turns?
If the motor rotation is a problem you should be able to reverse the polarity of the wires to reverse the direction.
If I were me id put in a fancy hobbywing mini28 or mini18 system in it.

The mini-z is 1/28th scale so the electronics would not work in a 1/18 or larger rig.

Last edited:
well, the motor would fit. the next car I'm building is a decent amount smaller and lighter than a TRX4m. now I'm just lookin for a cheap combo.

well, the motor would fit. the next car I'm building is a decent amount smaller and lighter than a TRX4m. now I'm just lookin for a cheap combo.
It will fit a 24th/28th scale rig but thats not what you were asking about in this thread. 🤷‍♂️

Back