1:24 pete wrecker 4x6 build

• Thread starter Oggydoggy'n'doggydaddy
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oggydoggy'n'doggydaddy

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
I guess since I'm making. It a reality i will put it here lol i got some plastic cor sheet from micheals hobbys to make this a bit more "structural" since the whole bed is going to be load baring . I intend of mixing some epoxy resin and taping off the end filling the channels that get screws with a syringe then drilling it out will be using a servo for a working boom made from a 3x2 channel piece filled with resin then doing a super thin layer of tiger hair around the outside
Battery will go in the boom bed infront of the boom as I'm upping from the 450mah to a 750 mah 2 cell 20c

20220731_093624.jpg

20220731_192432.jpg

20220731_192832.jpg

20220731_192908.jpg

20220731_231101.jpg

20220731_231138.jpg

20220804_184914.jpg

20220804_184925.jpg

20220804_195007.jpg

20220804_195104.jpg

Some times ever little "bic" helps 🤣
20220804_184900.jpg

In attempts to make it scale as possible i have to cut out the oil pan and make a a tunnel for the axle and drive shaft
20220804_203042.jpg
20220804_203052.jpg

Off to a good start. Cat, Cummins, or Detroit?

I'm thinking of a modding a Tamiya 1/14 into a 379 Pete with a Cat.

16596613055965126788689686388337.jpg

I'm assuming its a cat this a 359 convent. Looks like a cat but they used a flat brown in the pic
Dremel came out... oil pan vanished
20220804_205821.jpg

Just found it on the valve cover its a 3405 cat

Last edited:
Chubaka thats a 3406 e lol i missed the back line with the silver paint pen

Sorry guys i have no idea why it posted like that last night it annoys me now lol

but fun fact you want a dirty "realistic" motor ..go touch your real motor and then fiddle the plastic after the paint flashes and is almost dry. Adding some rust oil spots id do paint curls and chips but its way too small
20220805_051146.jpg

Sorry guys i have no idea why it posted like that last night it annoys me now lol

but fun fact you want a dirty "realistic" motor ..go touch your real motor and then fiddle the plastic after the paint flashes and is almost dry. Adding some rust oil spots id do paint curls and chips but its way too small
View attachment 150138
I have used that exact method to paint a motor. I used a brown base coat, and a red top coat, and rolled it around my fingers while the red was still tacky. It looked like a rusty old motor.

This is going to be a killer project!

@WickedFog 🤦‍♂️<- week later noticed its wicked FOG not wickedfrog. Anyhow lol i sometimes use dark red spices other method i will stick a piece of bare rod in a glass baking dish with hydrogen peroxide and lemon juice concentrate or vinegar after scuffing it with sandpaper this oxidation is rapid and extreme happens in a couple days or less depends on the steel
I take out the metal with heavy duty gloves (do this with lemon juice especially it makes a very strong peracetic acid and can irritate or cause burns) dry it with a propane torch and put it in a paint can with nuts and bolts throw in ear plugs and shake the crap out of it remove everything leave the rust in the can and take a small orbital place it on the rust with 800 grit sand paper do quick runs around then dump it in the glass pan so i can sift it to a old rx bottle i use matte clear to apply or modge podge

MASTER BUILDERS

impressive. Super nice project

Screenshot_20220816-072540_Chrome.jpg
so I've been pondering....
I think I'm going to get this for my pete build 3d print the bed use the Axial escxd and make this a cheap easy build
@WickedFog what do you think? Pare the scx24 drive train with that t90 motor make it 6x6 with some nicer gummies?

Last edited:
View attachment 150701so I've been pondering....
I think I'm going to get this for my pete build 3d print the bed use the Axial escxd and make this a cheap easy build
@WickedFog what do you think? Pare the scx24 drive train with that t90 motor make it 6x6 with some nicer gummies?
That is really cool. Since you are using a 1/24 scale semi truck body, I'd be all over that chassis.

But I would probably try to get a Furitek system in it if you wanna get crazy cool. They have a few options for transmissions and motor combos, as well as the best ESC's in the business for small scale crawlers, and even some small basher setups with higher kv motors. So whatever you wanna do with it, they likely have the best setup.

But if you wanted to stay with the stock Axial stuff, I would recommend at least getting the PN Racing brushed motor setup. The one we put in our Carnage build is simply an amazing little (and rebuildable) motor. Crazy low speed control, even with stock ESC, and it has enough torque to bend the chassis I am guessing.

And dang it. Now I have to add that chassis to my wish list! 😜

That is really cool. Since you are using a 1/24 scale semi truck body, I'd be all over that chassis.

But I would probably try to get a Furitek system in it if you wanna get crazy cool. They have a few options for transmissions and motor combos, as well as the best ESC's in the business for small scale crawlers, and even some small basher setups with higher kv motors. So whatever you wanna do with it, they likely have the best setup.

But if you wanted to stay with the stock Axial stuff, I would recommend at least getting the PN Racing brushed motor setup. The one we put in our Carnage build is simply an amazing little (and rebuildable) motor. Crazy low speed control, even with stock ESC, and it has enough torque to bend the chassis I am guessing.

And dang it. Now I have to add that chassis to my wish list! 😜
Yeah its ordered lol and the pn racing motor is what i was talking about its small i may even keep this 4x6 for the challenge of it and got with furitek for the controllers the next build is in the works my kid decides he wants a tractor.....for rc pulling not a super truck .. I'm disappointed but it should be an interesting Minneapolis moline build "mad mamma moline"

I just saw RC4WD has a 1/10 pulling sled. It would be cool to design one for 1/24 scale stuff. I mean, really cool. Over the last year or so the 1/24 scale market has gone kinda crazy with new stuff.

But a regular driven semi, and a pulling tractor... yeah, that could create a need for a lowboy trailer to haul the tractor around. Looking forward to what you come up with.

I just saw RC4WD has a 1/10 pulling sled. It would be cool to design one for 1/24 scale stuff. I mean, really cool. Over the last year or so the 1/24 scale market has gone kinda crazy with new stuff.

But a regular driven semi, and a pulling tractor... yeah, that could create a need for a lowboy trailer to haul the tractor around. Looking forward to what you come up with.
I may make some semis this will be a jordann truck lol but yeah i could see about 1:24 scale tractors and stuff that would be neat. I think its really the size and playability of 1:24 now if we could hit a boom with 1:32 that would be neat but i will settle with 1:24 if model makers would scale all 1:25 models to 1:24 they would make a killing

I may make some semis this will be a jordann truck lol but yeah i could see about 1:24 scale tractors and stuff that would be neat. I think its really the size and playability of 1:24 now if we could hit a boom with 1:32 that would be neat but i will settle with 1:24 if model makers would scale all 1:25 models to 1:24 they would make a killing
Well, a lot of the 25th scale bodies will work just fine on the SCX24. This is a Deadbolt chassis under an AMT Coca Cola van shell.

Back