1/16 brushless erevo gear down

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEANZZ

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I got a new mini e revo and I'm thinking of gearing it down so i can get 4 inch wheels, but I'm not sure how much. The spur gear is 50 and the pinion is 28, oh and I'm also newer to RC cars so I don't know as much. Also the wheels are 3 inches in diameter and I will be getting the second battery with the series connecter.

Last edited:
invest in a ir gun temp gun and monitor the motor and esc temps motor 180 max and esc 160 thats f

Welcome.

I got 2 1/16 so I'm familiar. What tires are you considering? 2 inches diameter is a touring car wheel and not too big.

A smaller pinion and larger spur will get more torque and less speed. Bigger tires will get more speed with a torquier gearing setup.

If your handy and mechanically inclined, the transmission has 3 gears in it. Flipping 2 gears gets it a torque crawling set up, while the other way around is speed. Doing so can get you a fine tuned ratio.

On my slash and summit, I did 2.0 touring wheels, factory wheels, and all the way to 4 inch tires on 1.9s. The only thing about this mini is the rear diff is a weak point, and possibly a warm 380.
What battery are you using?

I see you are using 3 inch tires now. 28/50 is stock erevo.

Last edited:
Id try 50 or 55 spur and 20-24 pinion and go from there. The pinion has more noticeable change per tooth than spur.

Welcome to RCTalk!

I agree with TNT, get an IR temp gun and make sure your motor isnt going over 170F or 160F on your ESC. Then you'll know when your gearing is right. If the electronics keep over heating then keep going down on your pinion a couple teeth at a time until you find the biggest pinion you can use without over heating the electronics.

Yeah ill just set the spur to 55 and the pinion to 23 ill also grab a good heatsink

Back