1:10 Scale rc Semi truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m in the process of building a scale 1:10 Semi truck wrecker. I’ve tried 3d printing a cab. Don’t care for it. Anyone know where to get a 1;10 scale cab?
Can you show us what you printed?
Sometime I get better results from sectioning the print job.

Welcome in @Tdurbin00 , if you're not familiar with it, you could check out vacuum forming on youtube.
You could find a tonka toy truck or something like that and use it for the vacuum forming mold.
I'm thinking that's the only way you are going to find something close in 1/10 scale.
I've built one myself and you can buy the covered front and back plastic sheets on amazon.

Last edited:
Not much bigger than a 1/14 🤭

Welcome to RCT. Scaling a body up isn't hard. It's scaling them down that sucks because thin areas get too thin. Just use a 1/14 scale model scale it to 140%.

Welcome to the site. Most rc semis are 1/14 scale. I can't ima

Can you show us what you printed?
Sometime I get better results from sectioning the print job.

image.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a 1/14 scale truck.

The TT01 chassis is commonly used with sports car bodies and they are 1/10 scale but when you put a truck body on it it represents 1/14th of an actual truck.
Just put a big sticker on it saying it's 1/10 scale and then it's legit. Lol

That’s Traxxas territory, not Tamiya.

Tamiya can be faulted for making ”plastic models that can be run as RC cars if you’re careful” but they certainly don’t lack realism.

Whereas the Slash is larger than 1/8th of the real thing (even when generously using the smallest measurement) but carries a 1/10 scale designation for some reason. :D

And these companies wonder why they get so many returns.

Back