Best Nitro Motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage freak

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am looking for the best possible motor I can put on my savage. I am all about lowend power. I love wheelies. I am looking for something that will throw around a savage like a rag doll. I am trying to keep it under 200$ let me know what y'all think any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
Savage Freak

You have a pretty good range of engines to put in there.... namely Picco and LRP. They would be my first choices.
Picco P3 .28

LRP .28
LRP .30
LRP .32

I currently have at least one of all these engines except the :RP .32. I have not used one yet but would like to give one a try to see how it does. If the .32 is anything like the others it is silly. But don't underestimate the Picco P3 .28. Of the ones listed it is the highest quality engine, however all are great engines. These are your best bang for the buck IMO.

Last edited:
If you had to choose what would you buy?

100_2796.jpg

If you had to choose what would you buy?

I'd proffer the LRP28... that's what I'm running in my X. Any more power than that and I'd be fighting with busting axles, diffs and melting spurs due to slippage.

As it is, I fried two diffs and wore out center cups in a very short time. I've replaced the diffs with BP diffs and the rear center axle with the HPI CVD.

Robin at ERCM has modified SH 28's for $225. It's the same motor as the LRP 28 and its modified!

I'd proffer the LRP28... that's what I'm running in my X. Any more power than that and I'd be fighting with busting axles, diffs and melting spurs due to slippage.

As it is, I fried two diffs and wore out center cups in a very short time. I've replaced the diffs with BP diffs and the rear center axle with the HPI CVD.

maybe I've been lucky , but I did do the sv250 tranny mod to the XL and added BP diff's on the X and XL and so far it's been good

Back