When I turn the transmitter power off- the motor starts and runs at full tilt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good afternoon to all-
Well, Fellers, I need some assistance. It seems I got a new Eflite Pitts S-1s bind and fly plane for my birthday. this is a very nice airplane, but I am having some serious problems.
First, I followed the directions and bound the plane to my Spektrum DXS controller, and it SEEMS to be bound correctly. All flight controls respond properly to transmitter inputs, BUT the throttle is dead- no response from the controls at all either in SAFE mode or uncontrolled mode.

Now, here's the scary part. When I turn the transmitter power off- the motor starts and runs at full tilt. Out of control, it is. This can lead to some very interesting moments, let me assure you.

What in the world did I do wrong, and how can I fix it? I really appreciate the help from you fellers with much more experience with bind and fly than I have.

Thanks in advance for your help- Ed

That's odd ED, did you try and re-bind and calibrate?

Always unplug the airplane before turning off the transmitter. once the transmitter is off the ESC in the airplane doesn't know what you want it to do. Also always turn on the transmitter before plugging in the airplane for the same reason. Also check the throttle trim on your radio.

I never put two and two together, it looks like Ed may have turned off the plane first. Good catch @Doom!

I agree with @Tunedpipe.

And/Or did you calibrate the ESC after you bound the Transmitter if it requires it?

Looks like you need to calibrate the ESC to the radio. Basically tell it what's zero/full throttle/reverse.
Aside from that, check the radio manual for failsafe settings if there are any.

Back