High & Low-Speed Needles... 8IGHT-T 2.0?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomyknoker

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all... I have had to move my high & low-speed needles to their default which the manual says is 2.5 turns out from the bottom. My question though is I haven't even had a chance to run the car yet or break the engine in... because the fuel needs to be rich is 2.5 turns out from the bottom enough on both needles? Or could someone suggest a better number of turns for breaking the engine in?

Hi all... I have had to move my high & low-speed needles to their default which the manual says is 2.5 turns out from the bottom. My question though is I haven't even had a chance to run the car yet or break the engine in... because the fuel needs to be rich is 2.5 turns out from the bottom enough on both needles? Or could someone suggest a better number of turns for breaking the engine in?

Go by the manual. That's the 454, right? I have that, and if that's what the manual says, use it.

Go by the manual. That's the 454, right? I have that, and if that's what the manual says, use it.

Yep that's right the 454... ok I'll go by what the manual says, thanks!

I was reading a website that said the below which seems way too much? Is 2 1/2 for both low and high-speed A OK?

Break in:

Top: 3 1/2 turns out

Bottom: 4 turns in from FLUSH

After Break in:

Top: 3 turns out

Bottom: 4 1/2 turns in from FLUSH

Your question has been answered. Definitely go with what the manufacturer says on needle settings. Make sure the ignitor is fully charged, use a new glow plug, pre heat the engine and don't prime it until it is spinning. From all of your other posts, I'm thinking your problem is the ignitor. If it isn't charged all of the way, it won't work right.

Your question has been answered. Definitely go with what the manufacturer says on needle settings. Make sure the ignitor is fully charged, use a new glow plug, pre heat the engine and don't prime it until it is spinning. From all of your other posts, I'm thinking your problem is the ignitor. If it isn't charged all of the way, it won't work right.

Thanks Matt. This is probably a dumb question but what is priming the engine and how do I do it? My manual mentions nothing of this...

It should. Priming is manually forcing fuel to the carb. Once your engine is spinning on the starter box, you may have to cover the exhaust stinger for just a couple of seconds, maybe less. This builds pressure in the fuel tank and pushes fuel to the carb. Stop as soon as the engine tries to start. It's easy to flood a new engine.

It should. Priming is manually forcing fuel to the carb. Once your engine is spinning on the starter box, you may have to cover the exhaust stinger for just a couple of seconds, maybe less. This builds pressure in the fuel tank and pushes fuel to the carb. Stop as soon as the engine tries to start. It's easy to flood a new engine.

When it's spinning on the starter box you mean while I am pushing down using my Glow Igniter?