Only a high speed needle.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EJMOPAR70

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Hello
I have Ofna/Picco .26. 3.5 engine
It is brand new but old twin titan. The engine doesn't seem to have s low speed needle. Is it possible to not have a low speed needle? It has high speed needle
And a needle with a spring assuming its idle. Is this correct? Any help setting this engine up for break-in would be great.
Thank you.

Hello
I have Ofna/Picco .26. 3.5 engine
It is brand new but old twin titan. The engine doesn't seem to have s low speed needle. Is it possible to not have a low speed needle? It has high speed needle
And a needle with a spring assuming its idle. Is this correct? Any help setting this engine up for break-in would be great.
Thank you.
It's a good question, also in my kyosho my carburetor has no low needle, only high needle and other than i think it is to regulate the low car regime
Sua pergunta foi respondida em outro tópico.
You could provide the link if you have it with you. If not I look around 😉🤜🤛

It's a good question, also in my kyosho my carburetor has no low needle, only high needle and other than i think it is to regulate the low car regime

LSN is right here in the pic inside the throttle lever housing!

1631814903905.png

View attachment 132932View attachment 132933

Mine is a solid piece of metal in pick

Ok ,yea ,they should have the brass setting on the side ,that should be flush with in the outside edge
of the housing but I am not sure if that is a mix meter needle or the Lsn.!
If that is set at flush already ,then dont touch it ,it is already set from factory ,as far as the Hsn. needle ,
I dont know what the break-in setting is!
That may have a preset Lsn needle!
I have to check my old carbs to see ,its been a long time since I had messed with that type!

Ok ,yea ,they should have the brass setting on the side ,that should be flush with in the outside edge
of the housing but I am not sure if that is a mix meter needle or the Lsn.!
If that is set at flush already ,then dont touch it ,it is already set from factory ,as far as the Hsn. needle ,
I dont know what the break-in setting is!
That may have a preset Lsn needle!
I have to check my old carbs to see ,its been a long time since I had messed with that type!
Thank you cbaker65

Only engine I ever saw that didn't have a LSN and HSN was an old HPI Nitrostar 15FE, the carb only had a "mixing" needle:
https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/1694

My OS21RG had one, but it was on the side by the HSN instead of in the throttle slide itself. It changed the LSN by moving the seat instead of the needle. Moving the seat is usually referred to as the "mid speed needle", not sure why... regardless most people say not to mess with that at all or it screws things up.

From what I can find online, that's what that engine has as well. You adjust the seat from the other side of the carb.
2021-0916-OFNAForce26-ThrottleSide.jpg

Does the other side have this screw on it?
2021-0916-OFNAForce26-HSNSide-MSNbox.jpg

If so, that's your only adjustment for the low end.

In the 70s, there were no specific car or buggy engines, you slap a heat sink to the airplane engine and you have a car or buggy engine. There was no need for the LSN as the engine can idle higher. For car or buggy, you will also have to set your idle speed a bit higher, but then at those days, engines are not going at more than 1 HP, so it wasn't so bad.

In the 70s, there were no specific car or buggy engines, you slap a heat sink to the airplane engine and you have a car or buggy engine. There was no need for the LSN as the engine can idle higher. For car or buggy, you will also have to set your idle speed a bit higher, but then at those days, engines are not going at more than 1 HP, so it wasn't so bad.
Thank you lfredwong2003
Very interested.

Back