Any women into tbe hobby?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misfits1987

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
How many women are into rcs? Wife's, girlfriends, friends? Intrested to hear.

A few on youtube I have been noticing.

My wife runs right along with me. She drives a Stampede 2wd. Her crawlers are a Everest 10 and a SCX24 C10 .
I have spent a ton of money on this hobby with 100% support from her. She puts the fun into it.
I also have gotten my sister into it. I built her a SCX10.

My wife's gen8 and her sc28 with a Subaru model car body. She puts up with all my poop strewn all over the house.
20210919_152314.jpg
20220305_084939.jpg

We have a few female members here, but I don't know how active they are. I spent my entire adult life with various women who either didn't get my hobbies, hated them, or just took no interest at all in them. Meanwhile they liked to spend their money on purses and shoes 🤔 Those that have found a partner that puts up with, or even enjoys the hobby with them... feel very blessed. Those women are few and far between.

My wife is really supportive of whatever I do. I'm into anything with an engine that makes noise, and she supports it. She doesn't care for Cars, or rcs, but she let's me do my thing which is cool. I bet it can get really expensive if both are into rcs. Sure I drive her nuts with researching and going on adventures to find rcs and parts. I'm looking to get into 1/5 scale gas, so well see if she puts up with ripping the property up and the noise.lol

Been several female members here over the years. Some are into rc's and some wanted info on what rc they should get for their kids.

My wife doesn't drive, but she is my pit crew, cheerleader, and poop talker when I am drag racing. She doesn't get as worked up when I race MT's, but the drag racing gets her amped up. I think because she watches Street Outlaws. :D

My wife doesn't drive, but she is my pit crew, cheerleader, and poop talker when I am drag racing. She doesn't get as worked up when I race MT's, but the drag racing gets her amped up. I think because she watches Street Outlaws. :D
That's really cool! I was actually at one of the places they race on that show I bet. The street drag race scene in Memphis is ridiculous! Guys pulling in with trailored Pro Street cars and bikes. The cops would run people off, then sit and watch the action start right back up a few minutes later.

I think my Mrs just likes the fact that it shuts me up and give me something to do besides annoy her :) she likes them but too worried about crashing them

With a few exceptions, we avoid boys entirely because of the rampant and blatant bro culture misogyny in the RC hobby (at least in the flying world). With few exceptions, you'll never see us at an event or online posting videos.

I have three RC monster trucks but don't drive them, considering them only useful for delivering a brick of RDX somewhere. I actually prefer to stay in RC simulators instead of the real thing, as the simulators are far more fun, convenient, cheaper, and hassle free, unlike the actual hobby where you're always tearing up and having to fix your toys. Same stick movements without all the constant battery charging and repair work. I've probably got about $3,000 invested in RC quadcopter related hardware, most all of which collects dust. All the run time hours I put in the sim.

Girls also prefer to fly, and fly alone, instead of driving around in the dirt, though I do know some girls that do both, or left flying (because of the toxic culture) for driving around on the ground or indoors alone at home.

Girl Pilots (please don't ever hit on them, it's bad form, thank you):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFg69hSTRqDsaUjHJlVlwbg

I only made an account here myself to make a post sharing my free sound pack for Open-TX transmitters a uear pr sp agp. I don't think folks use Open-TX much (yet) in the car/truck side of the hobby, but I shared anyway here when I annouce it in the RC flight forums.

You'll see me in the scene because I ran a highly modified for aerial combat FPS game server for 5 years which was the forerunner of FPV quadcopter sims today. My server was flooded with boys daily, so I've built up an immunity to toxic shoe box kid purile little skater boy culture. Not to say it still doesn't irk me, but back in the day I took great pleasure in slaughtering boys wholesale... inside a video game, that is. So, I coudln't enitrely hate you all, I mean, I needed... targets.

So yeah, the girl side of the RC world chooses to remain invisible. Some of us make guy sounding accounts so you'll neve suspect it. I order all my RC stuff online through fake guy accounts, so nobody is the wiser as to where I live.

Tons of girls in RC, but you'll never see us :)

Ask any guy in FPV quadcopters who is the most famous and they'll tell you this or that guy. Always. And then you point out the voice ont ehir radio, on all their radios, is a girl.. and they go, oh yeah! But that don't count....

"That don't count" sums it up as to how girls are treated. You could be the best G.D. aerobatic pilot in the world (I am, mainly because I predate all these FPV jokers by 10 years), and you are completely ignored. You could be one of the grandmothers of it all, and nobody knows your name or cares to acknowledge your contribution. Because you're a girl, you don't count. It's just par for the course. You take it in stride, and content yourself with being 10x better than the best boy pilot/driver out there. If they say they've never heard of you and talk trash, you just crush them.

I'd actually like to get a nitro helicopter, but... from what I understand, a nitro helicotper is a hundered different parts all trying to spontageously blow itself apart, so... yeah... probably will stay in my RC sims in the kitchen... you know, near that frige and microwave and air conditioner.

I actually have two of the biggest glow plug looking engines you've ever seen, two N.O.S. Chotia 460B 15hp ultralight aircraft single cylinder engines. The cylinder barrel is actually off a Volkswagen Beetle if that gives you a sense of scale. So I could actually do the Crocodile Dundee you call that a knife thingee, where if a guy pulled out their out your biggest RC eninge, I could say... you call that an eninge... this... is an engine! Plunk on the table. If I could plunk it, it's actually quite a lift...

choppergirl
http://sp.air-war.org/

Last edited:
I want a Darth Vader voice for my Taranis. I started working on it years ago, but quickly lost interest.

I'd actually like to get a nitro helicopter, but... from what I understand, a nitro helicotper is a hundered different parts all trying to spontageously blow itself apart, so... yeah... probably will stay in my RC sims in the kitchen... you know, near that frige and microwave and air conditioner.

That's the thing about this hobby. Most of us like to fix things, build things, improve things, etc. It's how bridges were designed and built. Some guy said "I want to get over there, without having to wade through the water down there". And boom! Modern civilization. Imagine if he just sat on his horse and imagined getting over there instead of getting off his horse and building the bridge 😉

Last edited: