Any Military Tank enthusiasts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbear

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
I've been eyeballing a lot of Military Tanks 1/16 scale RCs on MotionRCs website for a while now. Anyone have experience with them? I'm liking the 1/16 Scale German "King Tiger" Henschel WW2 Heavy Tank Professional Edition by Heng Long - RTR - HLG3888-002. Any thoughts or cautions they would like to share?
heng-long-german-king-tiger-henschel-professional-edition-1-16-scale-heavy-tank-rtr-motion-rc-...jpg

I looked into them awhile back. Metal gears at least seemed to be recommended.

I have 4 of those Heng Long tanks. They are not built very beefy, but they work fine and aestheticly pleasing. I have had no regrets buying them.
What options did you get with yours?

I've seen tank battlefield set ups on YT, and some of those are just awesome!
I've seen those as well. It really made me want to get a couple, but I never had the money. They were around $400 each for the ones I was looking at.

I've looked at them several times, keep having to talk myself down. They look really cool but I keep asking myself how much would I really use it.

I've seen those as well. It really made me want to get a couple, but I never had the money. They were around $400 each for the ones I was looking at.
There are two versions of most tanks. There is the Professional version which is slightly more expensive than the Upgrade version. MotionRC has a lot of the Heng Long tanks that are very cool. The pricing is pretty reasonable, I think.

Motion RC is a good vendor in case you haven't used them before. :thumbs-up:

Yes, I have purchased from MotionRC before and, yes, I agree 100% they are a good RC vendor. 😊👌

I've looked at them several times, keep having to talk myself down. They look really cool but I keep asking myself how much would I really use it.
Stop being so sensible! I don't use them hardly, but they are just so cool just to look at!
20240309_234445.jpg

20240309_234357.jpg

For stuff I'm just going to look at, I build static models, cheaper than rc's. Have a ton of unbuilt kits still, probably more than enough to last the rest of my life. :p
Yes, but, with a static model you will never be able to do this on occasions 😆

Found this on Amazon for a great price, especially since it comes with the upgraded metal gears. https://a.co/d/6fCEIRF
On the MotionRC website the Upgraded versions have plastic tracks and are slightly less expensive, while the Professional versions have metal tracks and are the more expensive of the two. I'm not sure it the one on Amazon has plastic tracks or metal. Like Xraycer stated even if you don't have the time to run them, they are still cool to look at 😎👍. I'll purchase one someday and let you guys know when I do. Might be a little while yet. They sure sound like fun.

Back