3.3 Tmaxx 4907, gets amped

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy rider

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
So, my used tmaxx ran ok for a bit. Then it started richer as it got hot. Finally got to the point it was blowing plugs and wouldn’t run when it got to temp. It came on the way out. So, I finally saved enough to get a replacement. I’ll post pics as I progress.

IMG_3884.jpeg

IMG_3885.jpeg

IMG_3886.jpeg

IMG_3887.jpeg

IMG_3888.jpeg

I’m really excited about this. I don’t bash my RC’s. I run them hard on dirt and grass. So, I like power in my RC trucks and truggies.

I’m of the belief that this is the best possible upgrade to this vehicle. I like the stronger servo’s and such. But, I feel Traxxas is really good for the dollars you spend. All mine have been super.

Anyways, I installed a new fuel tank that came equipped with everything but the screws, for $7.58. Why not, right.

I’m going to stop here for tonight. I’m about to watch some ufc!

Attachments

• IMG_3889.jpeg
    IMG_3889.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3890.jpeg
    IMG_3890.jpeg
    461.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Should be a mandatory upgrade right out of the box IMO! Nice!👍🏻

So, I was wrong about the prelim times. So, I went ahead and finished the installation, shot some wd40 down into of the piston, put the rotor start to it to get everything lubed good, and installed the body. It’s ready.

Just need a little help from the weather. Going to try and get my break in done tomorrow if it warms enough.
Here’s a pic

Attachments

• IMG_3894.jpeg
    IMG_3894.jpeg
    527.9 KB · Views: 18
I checked everything over good today and adjusted my throttle linkage to allow the slide to close to the idle stop. I noticed I needed to bump the idle slightly. So, I gave it about a 1/6th turn in so the truck would stay running without having to regulate idle with the throttle. If I have one compliant about the Traxxas nitro transmitters, it the fact that they have no throttle trim on them.

Anyways, I got two tanks through it today. It’s so nice to once again have a motor that will idle. I heat gunned the second tank to 150and wrapped the motor in heavy duty foil. Then started it.

I am following the OS guidelines for break in. But, it is getting to cold out now the sun is going down, to be able to get the motor to maintain heat. So I stopped. The second tank it temped at 185 degrees when I stopped. So, The foil worked pretty dang good.

The weather is dismal tomorrow. I won’t be able to run it any. But, I’m heading to North Carolina for the holidays. My brother owns a big place. And, it should be quite a bit warmer. So, break in should be a little easier to accomplish.

I think I’m really going to like this motor.

I checked everything over good today and adjusted my throttle linkage to allow the slide to close to the idle stop. I noticed I needed to bump the idle slightly. So, I gave it about a 1/6th turn in so the truck would stay running without having to regulate idle with the throttle. If I have one compliant about the Traxxas nitro transmitters, it the fact that they have no throttle trim on them.

If you have a TQi transmitter you can set the multi-function knob to adjust throttle trim.

I think I’m really going to like this motor.

I like mine. It holds a tune very well.

I installed a 2channel 2.5 receiver and transmitter. But, I may go ahead and pick up the 3 channel combo when I find a good deal. Use it on my next build.

I’ve built out two other tmaxx’s. I gave one away today for a gift to a friend. I’m giving the other away as a Christmas gift to my brother. That gives me time to finish breaking this one in and getting it set in. Then I’m going to pick up a good 3.3 revo chassis. Install a new 3.3 I have with an os 11 carb. Honestly, what that carb does to the 3.3 is truly amazing.

Then I’ll be set. 😀

I’m 8 tanks through it. It’s running really, really, good. I temped all the break in tanks to ensure I got it to 180-200 degrees. I used foil to ensure it. Temped it through out. It was an easy break in. No problems.

I installed the body and started tuning it. It’s running very hard, lots of smoke. Loud and the rich. But, lean enough that there’s no 4 stroking anymore. It responds quick too. I have yet to touch the low end. I don’t think it needs it at all.

Through all break in tanks this truck has not stalled the first time. Not once. OS carbs are da ‘bomb. And, this 21 tm is a huge step up in power on the low end.

Going to run some more tomorrow. I’ll try to get a video made up. It’s a different beast altogether with this new motor.

Yes it does. 10th tank. I did end up leaning the lsn about 25degrees. Other than that it’s set.