Tekno mt410

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to bash my mt410 but the thing is so damn bothersome to fix that I rather just pick up my Outcast. They are both capable of the same thing. The mt410's chassis is non-existent compared to the Outcast. Most of the weight is saved there. The Tekno chassis ia also 1000% better quality. I can have my Outcast completely disassembled in 10 minutes while it can take up to an hour on the mt410, especially getting the diffs apart - which Arrma has in spades over Tekno. Arrma's entire drivetrain is beefier than Tekno, mainly because the Tekno is a lightweight vehicle based on a race buggy. The Outcast has more upgrade parts & more options to turn it into a tank for less.

Tower still has the codes, they even added a $90 off $599 code.

Building it like you like it would be a great selling point, if it was closer to a $350 kit instead of a $500 kit. Look at the Hobao cars - most of them are offered RTR or 80% kit - assembled, but clear body, tires not glued, and no electronics.
80% kit-
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGHGZ&P=SM
RTR-
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGHHA&P=SM

I wish Arrma would do this...

Much yes. Either a 80% rtr or a full on kit, or even do as Basher does and make all 3.

I'm really tempting getting a Hyper VSe or the Hyper Cage Truggy.

To add too this Hobao cars are some of the cheapest to buy and the cheapest to maintain. But parts supply is limited to a few suppliers.

Re-reading my reply - I was talking more about Arrma with the 80% kits. I believe the Tekno's are priced about right. If you think of a Outcast "kit" at $350 - but then add upgrades like a good sliding motor mount, milled 7k-aluminum chassis and shock towers, premium shocks, CVD's front and rear, and a few other minor upgrades, the MT410 becomes a steal at $450.

Actually, it looks like Tower allows coupons for Tekno? So you could get that MT410 kit for closer to $400, if you are a SS member. (Does Tower still give good coupon codes to members? IDK, my membership ran out.)

I can't find coupon codes anywhere until I log in. Do they have normal coupon codes for non SS members?

Maybe check your email. Tower still emails me coupon codes, the $5 off $100 ones.

I can't find coupon codes anywhere until I log in. Do they have normal coupon codes for non SS members?
I didn't have any coupons and last night I renewed my membership and then I had coupons. I think they only have coupons for members except for the $5 off $100 that @Jerry-rigged is talking about that get emailed to you.

Here is the latest coupons from tower, for non-members. Better than I was remembering...

Attachments

• coupons.jpg
    coupons.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 135
Much like a Lambo, the Teknos cost a lot of money. Unlike a Lambo though they aren't as likely to attract the chicks. If anything it may piss them off just a bit when they find out the cost of that little car.

Much like a Lambo, the Teknos cost a lot of money. Unlike a Lambo though they aren't as likely to attract the chicks. If anything it may piss them off just a bit when they find out the cost of that little car.
Yeah i don't think my girl would be too happy if i bought another rc she hates the "stupid little cars" lol

Lmao so does my wife
Must be a trend lol ? i got in trouble last night trying to sneak a new pinion on my motor she walked into the garage and said "not working on it huh? " lol

Well, from my personal experience, getting into a Tekno has a bigger up front cost (as you have to supply the electronics, wheels / tires, and bodies), where as in the case of the Arrmas for pretty much the cost of the rig of choice and batteries for the car and radio will have you up and running (and as it now stands, there seems to be a pretty standardized list of hop ups to get for the Arrmas, when you want to step things up that get you to around the same cost as a built up Tekno). Both can easily get you to around a grand, but the Teknos imo are pretty close to being perfectly balanced (it is incredibly light), you couldn't be faulted for trying to chase the feeling of how a Tekno handles with any other vehicle (at least that was the case for me). As for durability, out the box I'd have to give it to the Tekno (the metals Arrma uses are soft, and bend pretty easily, but for the most part, damage seems to compartmentalize to where the hit was). Like for like, between just these two brands I'd have to go with the Tekno, especially if you don't intend to go on further down the rabbit hole of hop ups (you get to learn the ins and outs of your vehicle, having built the thing up from scratch, so servicing and maintenance should be a breeze, plus power to weight is a thing, and Tekno has Arrma beat here as well). Both are great brands, and worth the costs involved, but I think people are just hearing what they want to hear on this one, and pretty much going in with their minds already made up, without considering everything (just my opinion).

Well, from my personal experience, getting into a Tekno has a bigger up front cost (as you have to supply the electronics, wheels / tires, and bodies), where as in the case of the Arrmas for pretty much the cost of the rig of choice and batteries for the car and radio will have you up and running (and as it now stands, there seems to be a pretty standardized list of hop ups to get for the Arrmas, when you want to step things up that get you to around the same cost as a built up Tekno). Both can easily get you to around a grand, but the Teknos imo are pretty close to being perfectly balanced (it is incredibly light), you couldn't be faulted for trying to chase the feeling of how a Tekno handles with any other vehicle (at least that was the case for me). As for durability, out the box I'd have to give it to the Tekno (the metals Arrma uses are soft, and bend pretty easily, but for the most part, damage seems to compartmentalize to where the hit was). Like for like, between just these two brands I'd have to go with the Tekno, especially if you don't intend to go on further down the rabbit hole of hop ups (you get to learn the ins and outs of your vehicle, having built the thing up from scratch, so servicing and maintenance should be a breeze, plus power to weight is a thing, and Tekno has Arrma beat here as well). Both are great brands, and worth the costs involved, but I think people are just hearing what they want to hear on this one, and pretty much going in with their minds already made up, without considering everything (just my opinion).

My bashing involves blasting around in dirt on my property, jumps off a ramp and the occaisonal BMX track. I currently own a Granite 3s BLX and the Big Rock Crew Cab. What is the compelling argument for spending what it would cost for the Techno MT? For the type of bashing I do I don't see how I could justify the added cost. Is it a better truck? Absolutely and it should be considering it's twice the price. But I don't see it performing twice as well at what I'm asking my Granite to do. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Hi guys, I have the Tekno and a couple Arrma 6s vehicles to compare it to. I love kits and selecting electronics so my Tekno with xerun system and 7950 servo is my favorite. With that said if $ was an issue I'd get the notorious/outcast in a second. They do the same thing.
Erik

Let's not forget Arrma is derived from Team Durango which were full spec race kits. They already had the easy diffs.
Here are some pics of the Team Durango DEX8, looks familiar right?

20190119_215646.jpg
20190119_215713.jpg
20190119_215735.jpg

Let's not forget Arrma is derived from Team Durango which were full spec race kits. They already had the easy diffs.
Here are some pics of the Team Durango DEX8, looks familiar right?

View attachment 27612View attachment 27613View attachment 27614
At first glance, it looks like you have some type of skeleton chassis and everything's floating. What's lining the top of the chassis that's almost the same color as the floor?

At first glance, it looks like you have some type of skeleton chassis and everything's floating. What's lining the top of the chassis that's almost the same color as the floor?
I think it's just the picture, does this one make things clear? The Typhon is quite similar to this setup.

20190119_215819.jpg

20190119_215802.jpg

My bashing involves blasting around in dirt on my property, jumps off a ramp and the occaisonal BMX track. I currently own a Granite 3s BLX and the Big Rock Crew Cab. What is the compelling argument for spending what it would cost for the Techno MT? For the type of bashing I do I don't see how I could justify the added cost. Is it a better truck? Absolutely and it should be considering it's twice the price. But I don't see it performing twice as well at what I'm asking my Granite to do. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Well, since you are talking personal preference, what would I be correcting, and how could you possibly be mistaken? To me personally, I think that it does perform twice as well (or at least tangibly better enough that after experiencing it, I try to duplicate it's handling to the best of my ability in my other rigs). Everybody will have a limit to what they are willing to spend or justify, my example would've been comparing say the Arrma 6s BLX monster trucks to the Tekno MT410, and stock out of the box, I absolutely would be willing to spend the extra money for the Tekno, if my intent was to keep the Arrmas bone stock as they come (considering what I now know from personal experience), and that is just my preference.

Well, since you are talking personal preference, what would I be correcting, and how could you possibly be mistaken? To me personally, I think that it does perform twice as well (or at least tangibly better enough that after experiencing it, I try to duplicate it's handling to the best of my ability in my other rigs). Everybody will have a limit to what they are willing to spend or justify, my example would've been comparing say the Arrma 6s BLX monster trucks to the Tekno MT410, and stock out of the box, I absolutely would be willing to spend the extra money for the Tekno, if my intent was to keep the Arrmas bone stock as they come (considering what I now know from personal experience), and that is just my preference.

Isn't the Techo MT 1/10 scale?

the Tekno bone stock still needs $350 worth of stuff for it to make it go.:) Throw another 350 into an Outcast you will really have something.

Back