Running perfect pass servo in rc10b6.4 2wd buggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skurtreynolds

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I’ve just started my rc10b6.4 build and I have a perfect pass servo sitting here that I was going to use for another project that I decided not to pursue for now. Would this be an OK servo to run for my buggy?

Just trying to decide if I should run this or go invest in another reedy for the same price.

If it matters I’m going to be racing 21.5 2wd buggy at my local track on carpet. I’m new to racing and have tried searching up and down but I’m having trouble finding guidance on servo options.

F67CAE8A-887D-4A24-A57F-D29820BACE59.jpeg

I have no idea what perfect pass hobby servo you are talking about, but i guess it will work. Any standard size servo for 1/10 will work. For reference. I use a Xpert 4000LV in my wheeler (B74.1D). I use a OMG hobby 20KG Pro servo in my Rusty / Slash, and a Savox in my Mini B.

Locals at my track run mostly Protek, savox, tekin, that kind of stuff. But some locals are racing on a budget and seen some amazon servos do the job well. For normal fun club racing.

love seeing guys flush cash down the drain. keep it up.in the 90's I wasted large amounts of csh I dint need to with High dollar servos . then at a rc show I seen these servos. they had the same specs as my high dollar ones .and some of there servos had better specs and faster responce.purchased 5 for less than I paid for one of my hd servos.only had one fail when the servo saver I used along with a marshal falling. destroyed the front end of my B44 .

Last edited:
Sorry I assumed they were well known because I see them in videos but I guess mostly videos of bashers and stuff.

It’s a Perfect Pass Monster Servo
Yea I seen mostly for bashers. I seen KT (Kevin Talbot) use them. I haven't used them myself as I just started racing back in June.
It should work fine in the buggy. Just make sure you center the servo before putting the horn on, and set EPAs after. And at the track you can fine tune steering delay and steering expo to your liking. :thumbs-up:
Since you had it laying around, perfectly fine, but for future reference, I do agree with @tntpoof that you don't need a expensive servo. I started out with a cheap 30 dollar servo from my bashers, but at that time, it was mostly track practice, and after I upgraded to my Xpert which I had been using that since I got comp electronics. And now with a better radio I can dial in my steering delay, and expo for fine tuning and to my liking. (And with my RC8X, I have adjustable servo speed) I have been using metal servo horns and never burnt out a servo. The only servo I burnt out was a cheapo Traxxas 2075, plastic gear, with the stock traxxas servo saver. Those were junk anyways to begin with.

love seeing guys flush cash down the drain. keep it up.in the 90's I wasted large amounts of csh I dint need to with High dollar servos . then at a rc show I seen these servos. they had the same specs as my high dollar ones .and some of there servos had better specs and faster responce.purchased 5 for less than I paid for one of my hd servos.only had one fail when the servo saver I used along with a marshal falling. destroyed the front end of my B44 .
Which one did you go with?
Yea I seen mostly for bashers. I seen KT (Kevin Talbot) use them. I haven't used them myself as I just started racing back in June.
It should work fine in the buggy. Just make sure you center the servo before putting the horn on, and set EPAs after. And at the track you can fine tune steering delay and steering expo to your liking. :thumbs-up:
Since you had it laying around, perfectly fine, but for future reference, I do agree with @tntpoof that you don't need an expensive servo. I started out with a cheap 30 dollar servo from my bashers, but at that time, it was mostly track practice, and after I upgraded to my Xpert which I had been using that since I got comp electronics. And now with a better radio I can dial in my steering delay, and expo for fine tuning and to my liking. (And with my RC8X, I have adjustable servo speed) I have been using metal servo horns and never burnt out a servo. The only servo I burnt out was a cheapo Traxxas 2075, plastic gear, with the stock traxxas servo saver. Those were junk anyways to begin with.
I’ve run a couple of cheaper ones from Amazon that seem great also on my crawler and granite. Maybe I’ll save the perfect pass for my speed run project and just grab another one of the cheap ones for my buggy. Thank you and @tntpoof for the help!

Since you had it laying around, perfectly fine, but for future reference, I do agree with @tntpoof that you don't need an expensive servo. I started out with a cheap 30 dollar servo from my bashers, but at that time, it was mostly track practice, and after I upgraded to my Xpert which I had been using that since I got comp electronics. And now with a better radio I can dial in my steering delay, and expo for fine tuning and to my liking. (And with my RC8X, I have adjustable servo speed) I have been using metal servo horns and never burnt out a servo. The only servo I burnt out was a cheapo Traxxas 2075, plastic gear, with the stock traxxas servo saver. Those were junk anyways to begin with.
Tax shifran on YouTube is friends with kev and he is the one who made the perfect pass servos and the perfect pass launch control.
Raz

Tax shifran on YouTube is friends with kev and he is the one who made the perfect pass servos and the perfect pass launch control.
Raz
Oh yeah that’s where I found it! The project I gave up on was converting my infraction for speed running. We put a high speed pinion (from the box) into my brothers car and it back flipped when I went over a lane marker reflector.

I should add the car was pretty much fine it landed on all fours. Just tough to find a good speed run spot so far.

I have one 👍 mainly bought it to go with the Bug rail.

Back