XXL LST2 not going into second gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemij51

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just ran my 5th tank of fuel through the Losi XXL-2 truck and opened it up a little and its not going into 2nd gear. Ran it wide open for about 3 seconds and nothing. Tune seams strong ,and I backed the allen screws out on the second gear clutches as far as you can and you can see on the clutches that the are not making contact with the drum after a good run. What is going on?? Is the spur gear one way bearing put in wrong ?? Mine locks up in a clockwise direction is this right?? The bearing shows and arrow and writing on the back side of the spur gear. Is this right or do I have a spur gear that has a factory installed one way bearing in backward?? Please help??

It's not the one-way, or the truck would never move. I'd check the 2-speed clutch shoes for free operation and see if that helps. Or they might be backed out so much it's shifting into second so fast it unnoticeable.

Got them set at 4 turns out. I will try 3 if you think it would help but you can see the clutches arnt touching the drum. No marks on clutch or drum. I can spread clutches appart with ease. Not sticking or hangin up. Maybe if the motor runs 50,000 rpms it might work.

I am only 2 tanks in so I haven't been able to see if mine will shift although I have seen some vids of people having them shift in break in.

Talked to Losi and the tech was great!! He told me that you might be able to hear it shift when its cold or lean but the motor has so much power that after its warmed up you will never hear it shift again. He said it is in high gear by as little as 5 feet and as much as 10 ft. Thats the way it is set up. If it didnt shift the truck would only do about 20mph and be screaming. My truck is blowing past my Revo buy a lot so I guess hes right! Thanks for the input guys!!

Back