Xmaxx suspension tuning?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyJ

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
I noticed there is a way to tighten/loosen the springs on my stock Xmaxx shocks, should I leave it like it is stock or adjust them? Just curious of how others have set up their Xmaxx's.

Welcome in @SpeedyJ .
That's actually a question you can answer yourself. Depending on what kind of terrain you are running on. It's basically a matter of taste.
Mine are totally stock with factory shock oil. I'm not sure of the weight.
@STONER RC pops in often along with other Xmaxx owners and they can give you more info.

That spring adjustment is the preload. You can fine tune that as Tunepipe said, depending on the terrain you drive on. If you do a lot of jumping, you may want to add a bit of preload. Just watch how the truck lands and see if it is bottoming out the shocks. If so, give it some more. Drive, adjust, drive, adjust. You will figure it out. It's all a personal preference, so setting yours the way someone else does may not suit your driving style/conditions.

I noticed there is a way to tighten/loosen the springs on my stock Xmaxx shocks, should I leave it like it is stock or adjust them? Just curious of how others have set up their Xmaxx's.
Welcome to the party J. It all comes down to how you drive and the terrain your running in. Big air or speed runs. And personal preference like everything else in this hobby to be honest