Xmaxx running in reverse

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djc06

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am fairly new to this Hobbie and need some help please. Recently traded a guy for an xmaxx with a hobbywing max 6 esc and motor. It ran fine when I tested it and the first three times I ran it. The last time I turned it on the forward/reverse was switched. I first reset the TQi controller and then the esc to get the controls corrected. Now it will not go full speed forward but does in reverse. I reset the points in my controller but to no avail. What should be my next step?

If the esc and motor have bullets between them, switch the transmitter throttle to go back the other way. then switch any two wires.
If the wires are all soldered, I would try to re calibrate again after reversing the throttle on the transmitter.
I'll admit I'm not super familiar with the TQi tx rx set but one of those solutions should work.

I am fairly new to this Hobbie and need some help please. Recently traded a guy for an xmaxx with a hobbywing max 6 esc and motor. It ran fine when I tested it and the first three times I ran it. The last time I turned it on the forward/reverse was switched. I first reset the TQi controller and then the esc to get the controls corrected. Now it will not go full speed forward but does in reverse. I reset the points in my controller but to no avail. What should be my next step?
Swapping two of the motor wires will work as he suggested or you can go in to the ESC setting a reverse the motor direction also.

Back