Xmaxx owners and ex-owners

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think the Xmaxx runs a bit hot as it is?
It looks cool as hell but I doubt I will go with it.

I would think the Xmaxx runs a bit hot as it is?
It looks cool as hell but I doubt I will go with it.
I have only hit thermal shut down once. First time out with it. Doing speed passes on the beach by the lake down the street from house.. Haven't gone back in the sand since.. I'm running 20 pinon and a 50 spur. Haven't had any temp problems yet.🤞🤞 and it's stock. I know better then to poop with the throttle pined the whole time. I jump mine. I'm not a speed run type of guy...

We run at a motorcycle park with a little section perfect for running. A skate park, but we rarely go there.
The sand dunes are my favorite place to run both in hard packed sand parking lot and a little section with smaller jumps.
I have never had a heat issue with any of my rigs because I watch them close and run lower pinions. Never speed runs.
The jumps are small but still get 2 or 3 feet high but I prefer that because it looks more natural.
There are definitely big jumps if I want them but I don't.

The dunes are pretty big with a ton of places to run but, I can't walk like I used to so we stay close to the road which is a really cool spot we use.

Last edited:
This really sucks but we determined one thing....FIYAA

This really sucks but we determined one thing....FIYAA

The title of that vid doesn't make sense. It was a LiPo fire. Not sure why that would have anything to do with the belt drive, unless the belt melted and burned the LiPo. But the video auther seems to only know the word "fire", so not sure what happened.

But the truck was still able to drive all the way across the field while on fire, so it couldn't have been the belt melted.

I have been looking into this a bit, and I wanna try one.

I noticed that too. I was definitely a Lipo burning but it sounded like the dude was in a state of shock. Sucks regardless.
EDIT: After looking closer at the video, I'm seeing two areas of smoke coming out and almost looks like an area close to the front of the motor.

I noticed that too. I was definitely a Lipo burning but it sounded like the dude was in a state of shock. Sucks regardless.
EDIT: After looking closer at the video, I'm seeing two areas of smoke coming out and almost looks like an area close to the front of the motor.
I think the LiPo vented at the front and back. If the belt was putting out that much smoke it wouldn't have drove back to him at all. Maybe the fire at the end melted it and he thought that was what caused the fire, instead of the other way around.

Was that Elmer Fudd in that video? Its on fiwah. 🤣

I agree I dont see what that fiwah had to do with the belt drive. Probably a coincidence. His first run with the belt drive and his cheap/old/absued/whatever lipo went up.

This guy says its not worth the $$$ for bashing. Also says not good for air control. If you watch the vid you can see the belt tension is an issue. I am an hvac tech by trade and I'll say this that belt tension will cause a guy some damage mid air just like LVC.

This guy says its not worth the $$$ for bashing. Also says not good for air control. If you watch the vid you can see the belt tension is an issue. I am an hvac tech by trade and I'll say this that belt tension will cause a guy some damage mid air just like LVC.

Yeah, his belt is way too loose. But the motor mount is also moving. That seems odd, because if there were a pinion/spur setup on there he would be destroying them with that much slop in the motor mount.

So I wonder if he has done something to his motor mount? The other vids I have seen on the belt drive, the setup looks a lot more stable, and the belt is a lot tighter. Some people are just not very mechanically inclined and probably should avoid modding their RC's.

Prolly more of a gimmick than anything, at least on this rig. Aside from him stripping the belt, which seemed like it need more tension on it the torque flex on the motor mount was pretty serious. Id prolly pass unless i just felt like playing with something for the novelty of it.

Prolly more of a gimmick than anything, at least on this rig. Aside from him stripping the belt, which seemed like it need more tension on it the torque flex on the motor mount was pretty serious. Id prolly pass unless i just felt like playing with something for the novelty of it.
I think most of the motor flex would be resolved if there was proper tension on the belt. In the other vid I watched the guy put screws through the chassis on the lower mount because the belt tension was pulling the mount up. That is probably why this guy has no tension on his belt. The other vids seem a lot sturdier.

Agreed.
Yeah, his belt is way too loose. But the motor mount is also moving. That seems odd, because if there were a pinion/spur setup on there he would be destroying them with that much slop in the motor mount.

So I wonder if he has done something to his motor mount? The other vids I have seen on the belt drive, the setup looks a lot more stable, and the belt is a lot tighter. Some people are just not very mechanically inclined and probably should avoid modding their RC's.
Agreed. His setup is all out of wack.

Fire Marshall Bill to the rescue.

bill.gif