Wow, is all I can say on my new low priced Losi 1/10, it is crazy good for the money.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flaps

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
1/10 22S 2WD SCT Brushed RTR, Kicker with 2S Power kicked the butt of my older Arrma Fury which I expected but also kicked the butt of the new Traxxas Raptor I got recently. I need to mention I got the Losi on sale for $139 which is a bargain.

Also the 2S battery lasted well over 18 minutes which is also a record for me.

Speed Test Results, not Scientific, pretty new at this,

Arrma Fury 12 year old - 22.2MPH a Classic, still love it.
Traxxas Raptor - 23.6 MPH ??? So slow, did not break, looks great, makes a lot of body noise, but still real good looking.
Losi 22S SCT - 32.7 MPH and that is before I mess with the speed gear, also drove great, handled well and did not break :)
20230424_212925~2.jpg

Last edited:
1/10 22S 2WD SCT Brushed RTR, Kicker with 2S Power kicked the butt of my older Arrma Fury which I expected but also kicked the butt of the new Traxxas Raptor I got recently. I need to mention I got the Losi on sale for $139 which is a bargain.

Also the 2S battery lasted well over 18 minutes which is also a record for me.

Speed Test Results, not Scientific, pretty new at this,

Traxxas Raptor - 23.6 MPH ??? So slow, did not break, looks great, makes a lot of body noise, but still real good looking.
Losi 22S SCT - 32.7 MPH and that is before I mess with the speed gear, also drove great, handled well and did not break :)View attachment 164227
They can also take a crazy amount of power. I have had this truck both in brushed, and when they still had the 3S version (mine was the orange K&N version: https://www.losi.com/product/1-10-22s-kandn-2wd-sct-brushless-rtr-with-avc/LOS03013T2.html), and, the only difference between the two was whether they are brushed or brushless. Here is a couple videos of me bashing my K&N truck on 3S:

A bit of a side note though, the yellow one is already showing as no longer available on Losi's site.

Good looking truck.

They can also take a crazy amount of power. I have had this truck both in brushed, and when they still had the 3S version (mine was the orange K&N version: https://www.losi.com/product/1-10-22s-kandn-2wd-sct-brushless-rtr-with-avc/LOS03013T2.html), and, the only difference between the two was whether they are brushed or brushless. Here is a couple videos of me bashing my K&N truck on 3S:

A bit of a side note though, the yellow one is already showing as no longer available on Losi's site.
I hope they are not planning on gettin rid of stock and stopping production haha. That would suck ! Unless they made an upgraded version or somethin maybe with a stronger chassis and thicker diff fluid, and a gyro :)

By the way does anyone suggest a gyro for this truck? @biggman100 your 3s version had the "avc" right? I tried to find that part to buy and I couldn't find just the gyro :/

I hope they are not planning on gettin rid of stock and stopping production haha. That would suck ! Unless they made an upgraded version or somethin maybe with a stronger chassis and thicker diff fluid, and a gyro :)
The 22S drag car is based off the same chassis. As for a stronger truck, they already make one, but, its a kit: http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=TLR03009 Both the 22S SCT and 22S drag car are based off that kit, just in RTR form.
By the way does anyone suggest a gyro for this truck? @biggman100 your 3s version had the "avc" right? I tried to find that part to buy and I couldn't find just the gyro :/
SkyRC sells a gyro: https://www.amazon.com/SkyRC-Automa...ocphy=9005776&hvtargid=pla-591736497514&psc=1 and, so do a few other companies.
Another alternative is just to get a radio and receiver that have a built in gyro. DumboRC is one of the best cheap ones, but, make sure it has the X6FG, not the X6F receiver. The G in X6FG means it has the gyro built in: https://www.amazon.com/DUMBORC-X6-Transmitter-Receiver-Protections-Controller/dp/B07Q112TQF Another option is to find a stock radio with a built in gyro. There are tons of them, new and used, from Spektrum, Team Associated (XP-120 is one of my favorites, but, the gyro isnt controllable from the radio, only by a button on the receiver), FlySky (a lot of theirs also can be used for multiple vehicles), Radiolink (just like the FlySky stuff, you can use them with multiple vehicles (i have the RC4GS, and currently have it paired to 5 separate vehicles), and, many others. For the multiple model radio's (FlySky, Radiolink), once you have the radio, all you need to do is get a matching receiver for each vehicle you have, and then set it to the radio. Personally, after owning both FlySky and Radiolink stuff, i prefer the Radiolink, but, if it is for just one vehicle, the DumboRC is one the best choices available.

Last edited:
The 22S drag car is based off the same chassis. As for a stronger truck, they already make one, but, its a kit: http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=TLR03009 Both the 22S SCT and 22S drag car are based off that kit, just in RTR form.

SkyRC sells a gyro: https://www.amazon.com/SkyRC-Automa...ocphy=9005776&hvtargid=pla-591736497514&psc=1 and, so do a few other companies.
Another alternative is just to get a radio and receiver that have a built in gyro. DumboRC is one of the best cheap ones, but, make sure it has the X6FG, not the X6F receiver. The G in X6FG means it has the gyro built in: https://www.amazon.com/DUMBORC-X6-Transmitter-Receiver-Protections-Controller/dp/B07Q112TQF Another option is to find a stock radio with a built in gyro. There are tons of them, new and used, from Spektrum, Team Associated (XP-120 is one of my favorites, but, the gyro isnt controllable from the radio, only by a button on the receiver), FlySky (a lot of theirs also can be used for multiple vehicles), Radiolink (just like the FlySky stuff, you can use them with multiple vehicles (i have the RC4GS, and currently have it paired to 5 separate vehicles), and, many others. For the multiple model radio's (FlySky, Radiolink), once you have the radio, all you need to do is get a matching receiver for each vehicle you have, and then set it to the radio. Personally, after owning both FlySky and Radiolink stuff, i prefer the Radiolink, but, if it is for just one vehicle, the DumboRC is one the best choices available.
Dang cool ! So its the same truck pretty much? From what I can tell it is configured differently but has interchangable parts? The one I would be the most concerned with as for compatibility would be the super different mid motor layout. I am assuming different suspension and transmissions but yeah that would be so cool if I could swap any of those parts over :O And thanks for the link to that gyro I will give it a go. Can I just buy that skyrc gyro and install it into the stock system?

Dang cool ! So its the same truck pretty much? From what I can tell it is configured differently but has interchangable parts? The one I would be the most concerned with as for compatibility would be the super different mid motor layout. I am assuming different suspension and transmissions but yeah that would be so cool if I could swap any of those parts over :O And thanks for the link to that gyro I will give it a go. Can I just buy that skyrc gyro and install it into the stock system?
The mid motor setup wont work on the 22S SCT plastic chassis, and, if you are looking for a mid motor layout, you would ultimately be better off just getting the 22SCT kit. As for the rest of the parts, they are all interchangeable and, the TLR parts are, or at least, were listed as upgrades for the RTR 22S SCT. The RTR version was based off the kit, but, to keep the price down, there are some major differences, such as the aluminum chassis and mid motor layout on the kit, that werent used on the 22S SCT and 22S drag car.

The mid motor setup wont work on the 22S SCT plastic chassis, and, if you are looking for a mid motor layout, you would ultimately be better off just getting the 22SCT kit. As for the rest of the parts, they are all interchangeable and, the TLR parts are, or at least, were listed as upgrades for the RTR 22S SCT. The RTR version was based off the kit, but, to keep the price down, there are some major differences, such as the aluminum chassis and mid motor layout on the kit, that werent used on the 22S SCT and 22S drag car.
can you convert the brushed one to mid-motor by getting the aluminum chassis conversion?

Not that i know of, but, i have never tried. I think that is the one major difference between the 2 versions.
Okay. I might pick one up before they go off sale. My birthday is on April 29 and the sale ends on April 30th 😲 I Can't wait to get one. They look sick!

I didnt realize you listed that in your post. Hands down, the original Arrma 2WD's are my absolute favorite. One of my Fury's is set up brushless with a HW 10BL120 and 4300KV 3650 motor. I currently have 3 Fury's, a Raider XL BLX, and, am going back and forth on picking up a Raider i found on eBay. Here are a few post on the Arrma Forum about one of my Fury's: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/my-arrma-fury-long-term-build-project.56608/
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/using-an-arrma-fury-to-rescue-a-dr10.61732/
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/brushed-fury-mega-got-a-bit-warm.61730/

And, this is the Raider XL BLX i rebuilt: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/raider-xl-blx-restoration-rebuild.61676/

Okay. I might pick one up before they go off sale. My birthday is on April 29 and the sale ends on April 30th 😲 I Can't wait to get one. They look sick!
Pls let me know if you do the mid motor configuration to work with the aluminum chassis! Also yall, what is the BEST SCT platform? I am enjoying my 22s SCT but I haven't driven other 2wd trucks! Let me know yall thoughts :) Like that Arma! But something that can be bought that is discontinued right ?

Pls let me know if you do the mid motor configuration to work with the aluminum chassis! Also yall, what is the BEST SCT platform? I am enjoying my 22s SCT but I haven't driven other 2wd trucks! Let me know yall thoughts :) Like that Arma! But something that can be bought that is discontinued right ?
Best is subjective. What one might think is best, another might not, and, how you plan to use it makes a difference as well. For bashing, there are trucks from HPI (Jumpshot SC. In my opinion one of the best 2WD bashers available), Traxxas (Slash), Team Associated (Pro2 SCT), and Losi (22S). For racing, there are trucks from TLR (Team Losi Racing), Team Associated, Serpent and PR Racing.

Last edited:
Best is subjective. What one might think is best, another might not, and, how you plan to use it makes a difference as well. For bashing, there are trucks from HPI (Jumpshot SC. In my opinion one of the best 2WD bashers available), Traxxas (Slash), Team Associated (Pro2 SCT), and Losi (22S). For racing, there are trucks from TLR (Team Losi Racing), Team Associated, Serpent and PR Racing.
Absolutely. What about for racing specifically? I am doing it on a budget mostly sticking to chinese motors and a 2wd truck because they are cheaper I assume and more accesible to race in. I wish there was a map with RC tracks so I could check if there was anything close to my town haha :/ I've read that the Traxxas slash has a very high center of gravity and handles bad basically

Absolutely. What about for racing specifically? I am doing it on a budget mostly sticking to chinese motors and a 2wd truck because they are cheaper I assume and more accesible to race in. I wish there was a map with RC tracks so I could check if there was anything close to my town haha :/ I've read that the Traxxas slash has a very high center of gravity and handles bad basically
Traxxas slash does come standard with high center of gravity chassis but it handles quite nice. Now discontinued arrma fury does handle better but it's flimsy, and fragile.

You can also consider a generation or two old used race sct. Back in 2018 I bought associated sc5m and it does handle better than any basher rtr rc. I still race it in off-road carpet but now it's outclassed by more modern kits and parts are not easy to find, but honestly I never broke anything so far.

For a race grade sct I would say xray scx 2023 is hands down the best. Couple guys at my truck run it ats it's way ahead of anything on the market right now. Hopefully associated releases sc6.4 soon

FB_IMG_1682206650256.jpg

Actually, in stock form, the Slash isnt a bad truck, as long as its not the very basic, cheapest model, that has fixed plastic links and bushings. As for a cheap way to do it, you can sometimes find Stampede's and Rustler's used in good shape for $100 or less, and, the LCG chassis is $40, the bellcrank you can get on eBay for around $15, and the servo saver is around $5. If you want a stock Slash, you can find the chassis and skidplates on eBay for less than $20 (look for a seller named LumiDave). This Slash started as a Stampede, that i turned into a Slash, and, total i have less than $300 in it: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...wd-to-monster-slash-truggy-conversion.137992/ As for other trucks, it entirely depends on the truck, as some are better than others, but, opinions will vary massively on what is best (perfect example, Bogda89 and i have very different opinions on the Arrma Fury). As @Bogda89 said, another option is to look for something used that parts are still available for, or, another way, but can be more expensive, depending on how its built, look for a slider chassis on eBay, and then add your own electronics, wheels and tires, and body. Using TLR parts, you could also turn your 22S into a capable race truck, or, for around $200, you could pick up a new HPI Jumpshot SC. The first thing you should do though, is find the track you plan on running at, and see what their rules are, because, some tracks are very specific about what you can and can't run. For example, around here, they are very specific about what tires you have to use, and, if it is a spec class, what electronics are required (Traxxas spec and mudboss class, for example, has to be stock XL-5 ESC, stock Titan 12T, and 2S lipo), as well as what transponder you have to use. The last thing you want is to spend the money to build a truck, take it to a track, and find out they wont let you run it. Some tracks and classes also wont let you run the cheap off-brand chinese stuff.

Actually, in stock form, the Slash isnt a bad truck, as long as its not the very basic, cheapest model, that has fixed plastic links and bushings
The base slash (xl5) has steel adjustable links and full bearings. The ones that has plastic non adjustable links and bushings are the base xl5 bandit, rustler and stampede.

The base slash (xl5) has steel adjustable links and full bearings. The ones that has plastic non adjustable links and bushings are the base xl5 bandit, rustler and stampede.
The last time i bought a Slash new, for someone else, it had fixed links, but, I haven't bought a new truck in quite awhile. All of the ones I have now, I bought used, and built them how I wanted them.

Back