My new brushless LST-2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsbuickman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hiya Guys :) . I know it's been awhile but for the last several years I put my ground vehicles on the back burner and focused mainly on my fast electric offshore boats instead. The rc boating around here has come to a standstill and I got tired of running by myself so I let them go and picked things up with 3 new 8th scale rigs, of which this is one of them.

I've always been a fan of the Losi LST series and I've had them all from the Aftershock to the XXL. when it comes to a Basher it doesn't get much better than a Losi, their just built like a tank. I knew that Losi made a brushless conversion kit for these but I never looked into getting one, so when I found this in the local pawn shop I had to make a beeline over there and check it out.

the conversion kit that was on it was the genuine article from Losi and this is the power system that's on it as well.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/speed-...esc-motor-combo-2200kv-spa816801v2m22/p184036

It had a $350 price tag on it but apparently they never tested it out before they bought the damn thing from someone because the receiver that was in it was toast and one of the 2s lipos had a dead cell, so all it would do was power up and spin the wheels for about 10 seconds before going into low voltage shutdown. . I talked to the guy at the pawn shop and found out he was a clueless idiot when it came to anything RC, but he did tell me they had $200 into it, so I offered them $200 so they could break even take it or leave it. needless to say I was headed home with it five minutes later. I didn't have a radio for any of my new rigs that was worth a crap, because I got burnt and my airtronics M11 with Spektrum module and receivers was essentially stolen, so I bought a new dimension gt3x FlySky radio to run them with and it works beautifully.
I put a FlySky receiver in this and my Rev-Tech 6000mah lipos, in anticipation of the coming snow and now she's ready to rock and roll with some Losi sand razor paddle tires.

IMG_20160829_144929.jpg
IMG_20160829_145016.jpg

@gsbuickman nice looking LST. I too have always like the looks of that truck and a LST or LST2 is certainly on my wish list.

Looks super clean! I never really got into the losi kits. No problems with them, but I've always been an Associated and Kyosho guy.
Gotta love dealing with the pawn guys, esp when you KNOW you've got them. An untested rc, when you can prove is 'messed up' is dead weight to them. When they know they're beat, you almost always score big! Good luck with it! Post vids!!! :thumbs-up: :D

Back