Wow 558 mass shootings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really want to be scared over what is not covered by the main stream news. Look up medical mistakes and diagnosing error deaths.
On top of that, the doctors are rich off of the medical system.
Try working in copper and gold mine as mechanic just saying. And ur welcome to all you appreciate what you have and this stupid country as well..

Normally you get this from liberals so here it is from a card holding member of the NRA, I don't see why semi-automatics are even legal to sell in the US to begin with. I'm hick with a shotgun and two large dogs, I feel plenty safe. By the way, it's filled with rocksalt, I'm not out to kill anyone.

Semi-autos have been around since the early 1900s... it's the people who have changed.

With rights comes responsibility. If the responsibility isn't there maybe the right needs to be peeled back. I have kids so I understand that concept. I'm not promoting taking everyone's guns away just maybe high output weaponry might be a bad idea.

I'm probably a little on the other side of the spectrum. I'm upset that I can't have a full auto Tommy gun or a ma deuce. It's not fair to me that they get to play with cool toys and I can't. Just because bad people did bad things with inanimate objects, doesn't mean you gotta punish everyone. Seems silly. JMHO. To each their own.

We have more than enough gun laws already on the books, just need the criminals to be punished instead of released back into society. Laws are pointless without proper follow through.

I would be happy to play with half the stuff the rest of the country gets to play with. Sometimes it sucks living the the "we are from the government, we are here to protect you" state.

With rights comes responsibility. If the responsibility isn't there maybe the right needs to be peeled back. I have kids so I understand that concept. I'm not promoting taking everyone's guns away just maybe high output weaponry might be a bad idea.
How about cars that exceed the national speed limit, or cell phones that allow texting while in motion.
Both are easily eliminated and speed and distracted driving claim more lives per year than guns.

However, most folks don't want to give up things they like, so those two will likely never be seriously discussed.

I think, in general, it might be a good idea not to give the government more control. Guns, cars, cell phones, dog treats, whatever.
No argument from me, restricting things to prevent foolish people from abusing them is never hoping to solve the world's problems.

Red meat kills more people than all of the above combined (heart disease). You can take this thread anywhere you want. I think the real discussion is how do you keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them, while infringing on the rights of the rest of us as little as possible. If doing a background check at a gun show will help I don't see the problem. I understand the argument against. If you chip one brick off of a right all the other bricks will follow. This argument has history so it's a legitimate one.

I go to a lot of gun shows. Mainly in MO, KS, and Arkansas. It seems a very rare occasion when I come across someone who is selling at a gun show without requiring a background check. When you do, it's an individual selling his personal stuff and it seems rare. If you want to stop that guy, then you have to stop Grandpa passing his guns down to his children or grandchildren. With the government, there's no differentiation.

I'm bailing on this discussion. There have been lots of good ideas and thoughts and what I like best about this forum is we don't all think alike.

I'm not the type of person to argue or get angry with people when they have different opinions than my own. I welcome rational discussions about subjects pertaining to opposing views. I typically learn things and at my age, that's part of the fun.

You really want to be scared over what is not covered by the main stream news. Look up medical mistakes and diagnosing error deaths.
On top of that, the doctors are rich off of the medical system.
They kept telling my mom she had a cyst. When it came out as breast cancer it was head to toe and in the bones. She didn't make it a year.

To top it off. "Candy" law firm should have a slogan "for the money". Ain't no one honest anymore.
Red meat kills more people than all of the above combined (heart disease). You can take this thread anywhere you want. I think the real discussion is how do you keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them, while infringing on the rights of the rest of us as little as possible. If doing a background check at a gun show will help I don't see the problem. I understand the argument against. If you chip one brick off of a right all the other bricks will follow. This argument has history so it's a legitimate one.
Those people have guns regardless. One irresponsible owner leaves a gun in a car and a smash and grab now your armed. Same as when you post your going on vacation and your house is hit. Police cars are another target.

One way to combat alot of this is common sense and throw the heaviest book at them.

I don't understand why they call it 'common sense' cause it sure doesn't seem to be very common.

Normally you get this from liberals so here it is from a card holding member of the NRA, I don't see why semi-automatics are even legal to sell in the US to begin with. I'm hick with a shotgun and two large dogs, I feel plenty safe. By the way, it's filled with rocksalt, I'm not out to kill anyone.
Fudd
I think the real discussion is how do you keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them, while infringing on the rights of the rest of us as little as possible. If doing a background check at a gun show will help I don't see the problem. I understand the argument against.
You are so out of the loop and brainwashed it's scary. Gunshows are full of dealers who hold FFL's and perform 4473's to sell. There is no Gunshow loophole.

Last edited:
"High output weaponry", as you call it, is a bad idea until you need that weapon to defend yourself or your family and then you're gonna want a .50cal with 100 round belt. Ok, so thats a bit of an exaggeration for your average home intruder but its not so much of an exaggeration if we got invaded by another country, or if we ever had to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government. All of which is what the 2nd amendment was designed for.

Back