Wow 558 mass shootings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of that is the way reporters are covering it. Used to be gang crimes, or disgruntled worker went postal, now everything is under the header of mass shootings. Not saying it isn't tragic, but it hasn't increased as much as they want you to think it has. Kind of like nobody gets a cold or the flu, now it's all lumped under Covid for more effect.

Last edited:
A lot of that is the way reporters are covering it. Used to be gang crimes, or disgruntled worker went postal, now everything is under the header of mass shootings. Not saying it isn't tragic, but it hasn't increased as much as they want you to think it has. Kind of like nobody gets a cold or the flue, now it's all lumped under Covid for more effect.
Finally someone who actually thinks.

A lot of that is the way reporters are covering it. Used to be gang crimes, or disgruntled worker went postal, now everything is under the header of mass shootings. Not saying it isn't tragic, but it hasn't increased as much as they want you to think it has. Kind of like nobody gets a cold or the flue, now it's all lumped under Covid for more effect.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^

The numbers are massaged. I recall the definition of a mass shooting in some of these reports being something like three people being shot at in one incident. It wasnā€™t exactly this but the bar was set very low and included cases we wouldnā€™t lump into the same category as Columbine High School or Virginia Tech.

Fanning fear and outrage does give people ideas, though. A means to gain notoriety. The media should be careful about how they cover these. Same thing with suicides.

They also invented and massaged the definition of an assault weapon to manipulate people into banning things that had and have very little to do with gun crime.

When a gang member is shot or shoots someone at the age of 16ā€“17, it was ā€a childā€.

We are told that instead of a criminal, youā€™re more likely to shoot ā€your family member, a loved one, or a friendā€ if you have a gun in the house. Included in the statistics are guns held illegally by convicted criminals. Included are cases when a drug deal ends up in a shooting at either oneā€™s apartment and they knew each other. Included are cases where the wife justifiably shot her violent and abusive husband. No consideration to the fact that a person can affect the probability by not being a criminal and getting training.

Itā€™s like evaluating the risk of a regular driver causing a traffic accident but including drunk drivers, suicides with a vehicle, drivers without a licence, and criminals who speed to flee from cops. Doesnā€™t tell what kind of a risk you are in traffic, does it?

To a non-US person the rate of violent crime and gun crime boggles the mind but so do the lies and manipulation of the anti-gun lobby.

The numbers are massaged. I recall the definition of a mass shooting in some of these reports being something like three people being shot at in one incident. It wasnā€™t exactly this but the bar was set very low and included cases we wouldnā€™t lump into the same category as Columbine High School or Virginia Tech.

Fanning fear and outrage does give people ideas, though. A means to gain notoriety. The media should be careful about how they cover these. Same thing with suicides.

They also invented and massaged the definition of an assault weapon to manipulate people into banning things that had and have very little to do with gun crime.

When a gang member is shot or shoots someone at the age of 16ā€“17, it was ā€a childā€.

We are told that instead of a criminal, youā€™re more likely to shoot ā€your family member, a loved one, or a friendā€ if you have a gun in the house. Included in the statistics are guns held illegally by convicted criminals. Included are cases when a drug deal ends up in a shooting at either oneā€™s apartment and they knew each other. Included are cases where the wife justifiably shot her violent and abusive husband. No consideration to the fact that a person can affect the probability by not being a criminal and getting training.

Itā€™s like evaluating the risk of a regular driver causing a traffic accident but including drunk drivers, suicides with a vehicle, drivers without a licence, and criminals who speed to flee from cops. Doesnā€™t tell what kind of a risk you are in traffic, does it?

To a non-US person the rate of violent crime and gun crime boggles the mind but so do the lies and manipulation of the anti-gun lobby.
^^^^and THIS^^^^

Main stream US news is utter crap!

I work for the G-man. The facts I know and the news that is reported is pretty scary. I just ask that everyone does honest and non-bias research. For example, more people die from sexual asphyxiation, than AR's, per year.

I work for the G-man. The facts I know and the news that is reported is pretty scary. I just ask that everyone does honest and non-bias research. For example, more people die from sexual asphyxiation, than AR's, per year.
Hold up....you could actually DIE from sexual asphyxiation?!

You really want to be scared over what is not covered by the main stream news. Look up medical mistakes and diagnosing error deaths.
On top of that, the doctors are rich off of the medical system.

Not gonna chime in and get all political, but this world is so f'd compared to how it was when I was young. Been watching a lot of stuff on YT by Matt Walsh, Jordan Peterson, and Ben Shapiro lately. Holy cow, I've been out of touch with what's actually going on out there. Stuff that the mainstream media has been twisting and misreporting just to fulfill an agenda like stirring up riots. I have known my whole adult life they lie about most everything, but dayum.

Not gonna chime in and get all political, but this world is so f'd compared to how it was when I was young. Been watching a lot of stuff on YT by Matt Walsh, Jordan Peterson, and Ben Shapiro lately. Holy cow, I've been out of touch with what's actually going on out there. Stuff that the mainstream media has been twisting and misreporting just to fulfill an agenda like stirring up riots. I have known my whole adult life they lie about most everything, but dayum.
And AI is making it all the worse. You really can not trust any news story you read these days.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/02/tech/microsoft-ai-news/index.html
I had to laugh at this headline. As if CNN new what real news is.

And AI is making it all the worse. You really can not trust any news story you read these days.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/02/tech/microsoft-ai-news/index.html
I had to laugh at this headline. As if CNN new what real news is.
If that whole article ain't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. I seen a lot of stories on mainstream media that use the headlines to spread the false narrative, but if you read the actual story it is completely different. Some call that clickbait, but in the case of the media it is actually trying to spread false propaganda. Because who reads the whole article? Not many. Headlines do a lot of intentional damages.

And I work for the G-man. I have to see this stuff every day, and a lot of it, the civilians won't see or hear about it.

I've always viewed media coverage of these events as advertising for the next one. That's all they'll cover from dawn till dusk like they're trying to prompt the next shooter into action. Look how many he got, you can do better and be on TV for weeks. I don't think there would be so many shootings in the US if the media didn't idolize them so much.

Back