Wltoys 12427 - brand new steering issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radkow87

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just received brand new Wltoys 12427 car. While trying to turn it on it reacts weird. Wheels turns right and cannot do anything with them. Remote control does not work while trying to turn wheels. When I move it up side down wheels changes position but when I stand I again on wheels it turns right again.
Below is link to video with these symptoms.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Regards

You can try to recalibrate the esc but I have no idea how to do that on that model. You'll probably have to call their tech support or just return it and get something a little better quality. Not trying to hate its just youll have less issues and better support that way.

What happens when you turn the car on but keep the remote off? Do the wheels turn exactly the same way?

Hi all,

I just received brand new Wltoys 12427 car. While trying to turn it on it reacts weird. Wheels turns right and cannot do anything with them. Remote control does not work while trying to turn wheels. When I move it up side down wheels changes position but when I stand I again on wheels it turns right again.

Regards
Just like what x-racer said try to turn on the vehicle without the transmitter and see if the RC cars Wheels turn. If the wheels turn then it's your servo and ESC but if it doesn't then it's a transmitter issue.

Ill give ya a tip. Always turn your transmitter on before your car. If the car has no signal from the TX telling it what to do sometimes the kit can act unpredictably so if you do that just make sure the car can't go anywhere. I have 2 big burnouts on the top of my hobby desk from my 100+mph Rustler because i turned off my radio before i turned off the car and it shot across my desk at warp 9. no matter how you slice it though you're looking at warranty replacement parts assuming that brand has any part support or support of any kind.

Ill give ya a tip. Always turn your transmitter on before your car. If the car has no signal from the TX telling it what to do sometimes the kit can act unpredictably so if you do that just make sure the car can't go anywhere. I have 2 big burnouts on the top of my hobby desk from my 100+mph Rustler because i turned off my radio before i turned off the car and it shot across my desk at warp 9. no matter how you slice it though you're looking at warranty replacement parts assuming that brand has any part support or support of any kind.
Always turn your vehicles ESC off before your transmitter, but you can turn your vehicle on first. Not recommended unless you're trying to debug. it shouldn't just take off. my big rock doesn't do that unless both the transmitter and ESC are on and I turn my transmitter off first. yeah my RC car takes off like a bat outta hell

Always turn your vehicles ESC off before your transmitter, but you can turn your vehicle on first. Not recommended unless you're trying to debug. it shouldn't just take off. my big rock doesn't do that unless both the transmitter and ESC are on and I turn my transmitter off first. yeah my RC car takes off like a bat outta hell
For your rustler if you turn your throttle end point back to 50% and not 100 you will be able to turn your transmitter off and not have your vehicle take off if it works anything like my big rock. But again it seems like it depends on what kind of setup you have.

I normally just make sure my TX is on but yeah sometimes you forget lol

Hi all,

Regards
Hi again I got to thinking check your turning servo wires, black red white yellow & Brown. See if you notice any kind of wear splits or cuts because that will cause things to short out and act the way it does in the video. If you notice anything my best advice is to shop around Amazon I'm sure you can look up a item number and get something close to and possibly better that can fit your RC. PS I've had interest in the RC car you have. Just so you know let that thing cool down before you put another battery in and go to town on it those brushed motors get real hot in the plastic cooling fan melts that's internal on the motor.

What happens when you turn the car on but keep the remote off? Do the wheels turn exactly the same way?
When I turn on only the car then and put on the floor then wheels automatically turns right. What is interesting as You can see on the video when I take it to hands to is does not touch floor wheels are changing their position to center.

When I turn on only the car then and put on the floor then wheels automatically turns right. What is interesting as You can see on the video when I take it to hands to is does not touch floor wheels are changing their position to center.
Watching the video again, the wheels actually stayed neutral until you triggered the throttle. Appears this vehicle has a built in gyro/stability system. I'm also going to guess that the esc and receiver are integrated into a single circuit board.

I would recommend you just file for a replacement vehicle from the seller. I believe the electronics is defective and I don't think there's a quick, simple fix for this.

Defective prodect.

Back