Winter been bad for your roads?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Damn rough here!

I just drive 3 miles to work. One curve at the house there are holes on the inside lane. Hit it just right and you'll be sideways.
One place ya have to slow down to 15mph if a car is coming your way.
Got 2 holes either way that must be almost a foot deep.

Another stretch just past the shop they have put a "rough road" sign.
I tell ya what, if they put up a sign in WV, they mean it. (left that wide open for ya Rolex. I know..
tell em to get a wheelbarrow of gravel :D)

They were at their budget for snow removal this year last month. Had spent 49 million. Man that's unreal. Talking about dipping into the paving part of the budget now.

Our roads are a mess, huge potholes everywhere. This has been the 4th snowiest winter in Long Island in recorded history.

Our roads are a mess as well. It seems we're on a bi-weekly rotation. One week they go around patching all the holes they've made with the plows, then the next week they have to plow, and rip the patches out..........(shakes head) face palm. I took the bike out a couple weeks ago on a road I know like the back of my hand, I knew the road would be dirty, but what I didn't count on was rocks the size of my head laying in the middle of the road all along the cliff section. No telling how long they've been laying there.

I was just in Beckley on Tuesday... you should see downtown Bluefield - those roads really suck!

No problem here. The roads are always in great shape.

Here's another sign, not far from digger's house....

4535sign.jpg

Love the link neo. You know some idiot did all those things at one time or another.:hehe::first_place:

You should see the roads in western ny this time of year. Some of them should be closed.

I was just in Beckley on Tuesday... you should see downtown Bluefield - those roads really suck!
We had broke the record for most snowfall in a season, maybe 3 weeks ago? Broke another for most snowfall in February.
Couple days here we were getting rain. Tazewell was getting hammered. Glad that one missed us.

No problem here. The roads are always in great shape.

Here's another sign, not far from digger's house....

4535sign.jpg
Sorry Bro, that one isn't from around here. No bullet holes. :D
DAMN! I just noticed the fine print at the bottom. There went another keyboard.

I'm thinking this was right around your house. http://www.guy-sports.com/fun_pictures/stupid_dogs.jpg
I know how much ya care about those goofy coon hounds.

Winter has been hell on the roads around here. A road that was once flat and smooth, feels like a motocross track now

The winter wasn't bad to the roads here. They suck all year 'round. Damn clay substrate.

I miss your avatar, Digger. When are going green again?

I miss your avatar, Digger. When are going green again?
Been thinking about it for sometime. Haven't got paypal and just not got around to sending out a money order. I miss the bat cave.