Windows Program?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
As I was cleaning out my hard drive this afternoon I noticed this program which I had never noticed before on my hard drive, Windows XP Hotfix and there were 8 of them that differed only in the numbers after the name. Are these legit programs?

sure are, and given time and you keep saying yes to automatic updates you will aquire more. MS XP SP2 is almost set for release and I am very happy about it. The different numbers associated with the hotfixes can be searched @ microsoft.com and you will see what the fix was supposed to fix.

Ok Thanks.

OK how about this one, how do you view your internet history? I used to know how but when I look into the history folder all that's there is a single file that's not supported by windows.

Dude, as far as computers go...

YOU ARE A ROCK!

=devil

haha, Yeah EP i have some in my programs to... nothing big

Is it just me, or is Sky OTR today?

Nasty hobbitses...shuts their holes, they do, shuts them or I shuts them for them.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Dude, as far as computers go...

YOU ARE A ROCK!

=devil
Man you just figured that out. Thanks for pointing that out Captain Oblivious. You're supposed to be an Ossifer which means smarts, common sense is optional...

Come pry Windoze 2000 Pro from my cold dead hands. I use XP at work and hate it. Most of ya'll love it. Guess I'm kind of old-skool.

I hate that MS clutters my installed programs control panel with every stinkin update patch I dload.

98SE all the way baby!! Don't need that newfangled crap messing up the works all the time. When I want killer OS, I boot up Gentoo Linux or other flavors of the Penguin.
If anybody is interested in Linux, try Knoppix.

Originally posted by DarthRacer
Come pry Windoze 2000 Pro from my cold dead hands. I use XP at work and hate it. Most of ya'll love it. Guess I'm kind of old-skool.

I hate that MS clutters my installed programs control panel with every stinkin update patch I dload.

Give it a chance it is almost win2k but enchaned, takes a minute as far as the guts not the GUI. seriously buy a book if you haven't there is a lot to this OS. I know you got skill and Win2k is awesome just trying to share pier advice or experience. I know I always need different opinion as there is a lot to what we do and it is not easy.

Originally posted by cajunVFR
98SE all the way baby!! Don't need that newfangled crap messing up the works all the time. When I want killer OS, I boot up Gentoo Linux or other flavors of the Penguin.
If anybody is interested in Linux, try Knoppix.

You need to really move on, there is a whole nother world there old timer. Seriously no disrespect at all 98SE was solid but the there hadn't been a solid os since but XP is better. I am telling you from the point of view of 60 users, and not having to fix crap all the time, and the administration is easiesr, way easier. Granted you need new hardware as MS always with every release it continues to hog more and more resources, so that is really all relative. I also am telling you this from a power home users point of view on multimedia and games to graphics, to stabilty of playing music and having 50+ windows open. You may think I am preaching but I get no commission from MS or anything but I get ease of use and funtionality to custimization, WinXP is nice.

Last edited:
I just don't like microsoft and the heavyhanded way they play. if I want to upgrade my MB every week that is my business and should not need to check with Bill G. to ok it. My 22 year old nefew
set me up on Gentoo and I can tell you except for some prog's that only windows runs correctly, I will never go to the dark side.
linux is so much faster,stable, and i don't have to reboot for months if I want. thanks but no sir.

I can understand you don't like the "heavy way they play" I respect that. Take this and think on this for a minute. It prepetuates the whole industry, and makes it better. Yes it costs money and prepetuates consumer spending. Have you ever heard of the Bill and Melinda gates foundation? They giver hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars for forigen and domestic aid. And they and their trusted advisiors see to that the money is spent efficently (hard to say for most organizations in this day and age). So read up and forget the hate. http://www.gatesfoundation.org/default.htm

Cool stuff he does and I salute him. however for all the good he does, he also kicks the F**k out of the little guys and wants no other OS to live. Case in point, the relentless goal to stop any open source software from ever seeing the light of day. Sounding like a damn liberal with unfounded hate speech. While his OS is more bloated every day, the alternatives look better to me.
What do you do to be such a big MS lover? I await your reply.

Valid points about killin the little guy, he is a business man and you gotts respect it. He gives I would venture to say half his money to one cause or another. It's hard to really pin point it. All Iknow is the pc world is a lot better due to MS granted that is arguable.

Last edited:
Cool then, We agree to disagree. I love this site because we all can express different views and mostly get along.
As a side note,do you work in the industry? Or are you just a very serious computer user. I respect your opinion and do not want any hard fellings, just stating my rant .
Peace,love and good happiness stuff.

There's a bunch of us in the IT field.

Linux is w/out a doubt a more stable machine. For a single home user it's great. For one stable webserver or member server on a network its great.

Win98 does suck.

From an administration standpoint its much easier to manage a network of Win2k & XP workstations through management consoles packaged with Win2k server or the management utilities packaged with enterprise software apps built for an NT network. We don't have to visit every user's machine to install hotfixes, updates or most applications. We set it and forget it. The next time the user logs on, its on his machine.

Microsoft has tailored a multitude of tools and apps for the corporate environment and that's why it's prevalent.

And a beawolf cluster kicks some serious ass! If Windows is that great why are all the big movie studios using Linux now,
I point is I like Win98se because it suits me fine. Linux is so much better and I don't need Norton,Mcafee and others. Viruses are dealt with in mere hours not days.
Also XP doesn't like to play with my printer too good. My pa-in-law has XP and loves it, however his printer has the same issues as mine. Hp P1000 photosmart, Hp knows about it but said MS needs to fix their code.
I am in the Heavy Equipment field and repair computers for fun and profit.

Hicks you turning Japanese? A total stranger,a cylone ranger, everyone.