Restorable Body??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyBooty

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Do you guys think its worth restoring this rc body?
The inside needs a pretty good deep clean, the black stuff on the windows was my attempt to tint windows with acrylic paint but it failed, the red and green stuff was a paint job I attempted with all purpose spray paint which I found out was a bad idea the hard way, I need a little more brake fluid and some acetone but I feel I could make it nice. Also, could I repaint over the old paint without stripping it adn risking the body integrity. Thanks yall.
IMG_20231101_211011.jpg
IMG_20231101_211024.jpg
IMG_20231101_211031.jpg
IMG_20231101_211036.jpg

From the blurry pics, it's hard to tell much of anything but from your description, no. Bodies are cheap and disposable.

From the blurry pics, it's hard to tell much of anything but from your description, no. Bodies are cheap and disposable.
I have no idea why they are so blurry, my bad

If you do attempt it, use DOT4 brake fluid. Works better than DOT3. DO NOT use acetone. It will destroy the body from what I've read. Having stripped a rare badarse rc body in order to try and save it once before using the only universally recommended method (brake fluid), I have to tell ya it is NOT worth the effort. I will never do another one and I dont recommend it. That being said it IS possible.

Last edited:
Is this body on an rc you drive or something thar sits on a shelf? I like the 'mad max' idea above.

I did a quick search and see new clear bodies that look similar to what you have in the $20-30 range.

Is this body on an rc you drive or something thar sits on a shelf? I like the 'mad max' idea above.

I did a quick search and see new clear bodies that look similar to what you have in the $20-30 range.
Its just an rc I found laying around from a couplea years back that I'm trying to get up and running, still need a remote and reciever but that should be it.

What car is it? Hobby grade I assume? If all you need is a tx/rx I might be able to help you out with that.

What car is it? Hobby grade I assume? If all you need is a tx/rx I might be able to help you out with that.
Its a nanda nrx-10 but it was rebranded by nitro rcx when I bought it.

I'm not familiar with that model but it looks hobby grade to me. As long as you can get vehicle specific parts for it, then it's workable.

Can you still help me out or nah

I really wish I had a way but my parents are mad strict and I'm only 14 so I doubt they would let me pay some random guy on the internet lmao, appreciate it tho

I really wish I had a way but my parents are mad strict and I'm only 14 so I doubt they would let me pay some random guy on the internet lmao, appreciate it tho
Mr G has been on here a long time. I'd trust him.