Wider wheelbase for stampede

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydrew39219

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have been thinking that I should probably widen the wheelbase of my stampede a little bit with the 2.5R in it. I just remember how easy it is to flip and cartwheel the stampede, especially turning around in the street. And when I was driving my tmaxx around it was like it was glued to the road. I'm also going to get wider wheels/tires for the pede.

Back to the subject, after some googling I found out about the proline protrac kit but the only place I can find them is ebay and only for the 4x4 stampede. I'm guessing the protrac kit is discontinued or just old. Are there any other ways I can achieve a wider wheelbase for stability? What else can I do to help with the stability?

If your running onroad you can lower the center of gravity by moving the bottom of your shocks further out on the arm. I'm not sure exactly what kind of arms the Pede uses in the front but on my Rustler I just drilled and tapped new holes further out on the arms.

If your running onroad you can lower the center of gravity by moving the bottom of your shocks further out on the arm. I'm not sure exactly what kind of arms the Pede uses in the front but on my Rustler I just drilled and tapped new holes further out on the arms.

I don't just run onroad, only lately because of snow, and when that clears up it will be muddy. Even off road you could flip/roll it fairly easy, not as easy on road though. They are already all the way out, I cannot remember if that is the stock position or not. What about getting a thicker weight oil for the shocks to reduce body roll?

Stiffening the shocks will help. Have you already gotten offset wheels and some wideners.

---------- Post added at 9:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:28 AM ----------

Heres some they are integy so i wouldnt buy them but a set like this made by someone else along with some offset wheels would make a huge diff

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Integy-T7979GUN-Extended-Wheel-Hub-17mm-Stampede-2wd-VXL-XL-5-New-/350706414815?pt=US_Radio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item51a7bb34df

---------- Post added at 9:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:31 AM ----------

unfortunately tho looks like integy is the only one that makes them from a quick search on google

They are already all the way out, I cannot remember if that is the stock position or not.

I'm talking about making new holes further out on the arm. You can do that while your running on road and it will help. you can get less aggressive with a second set of holes and possibly run off road on the less aggressive stance but it will still help with roll. outside of that and buying wider wheels I'm not sure what else you could do.

Stiffening the shocks will help. Have you already gotten offset wheels and some wideners.

---------- Post added at 9:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:28 AM ----------

Heres some they are integy so i wouldnt buy them but a set like this made by someone else along with some offset wheels would make a huge diff

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Integy-T7979GUN-Extended-Wheel-Hub-17mm-Stampede-2wd-VXL-XL-5-New-/350706414815?pt=US_Radio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item51a7bb34df

---------- Post added at 9:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:31 AM ----------

unfortunately tho looks like integy is the only one that makes them from a quick search on google

No, I don't have offset wheels or wideners, all stock. I never understood what the offset is for wheels. I thought it had something to do with the angle the wheel would be sitting at. If anything I can just stiffen up the suspension, get a 17mm hex conversion and some real MT wheels/tires like my tmaxx has. They are significantly wider than the wheels/tires on my pede. Just got to find a good 17mm hex conversion.

That is a good idea to add extra holes for the suspension, if I can get my hands on a drill I will try it out.

offset wheels means the hub part of the rim is set further back in the rim so that they stick out further has nothing to do with the angle.

A set of half inch offset wheels will widen your pede another inch.
Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

A set of half inch offset wheels will widen your pede another inch.
Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds good, that, stiffer suspension and a pair of wider wheels/tires should make a world's difference in handling.

Thanks guys.

Back