Why does everyone not like traxxas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushlessdude19

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi there i have many traxxas cars and just wandering why do so many people hate traxxas

Because i saw many people choose arrma over traxxas and i also see traxxas has poor leadership

I just got here, but I have been talking Traxxas with most everyone. Can't say as I am a leader yet, but people do seem to like me, and haven't heard a bad word about Traxxas. I am not sure a personal preference for Arrma equals hatred for Traxxas. Is there something we can help you with? Maybe introduce yourself, and tell us what Traxxas vehicles you have. We're friendly, haven't met anyone who is nice yet.

Also wandering if traxxas has bad leadership

Do you mean the people who manage Traxxas? They have been great with my battery warranties, and gave me a new engine for my defective Stampede. I'm sorry, I just don't know beyond that. Can anyone help my new friend, Brushlessdude19?

Yes i mean the people who manage traxxas because i read some reviews online where people have said traxxas has poor management

Well, I own 5 Traxxas vehicles (Had 6, but my drone flew away), so maybe I like Traxxas too much to give a fair answer. I'll just yield the floor for another to answer. I hope you enjoy our forum and wish you the best luck finding your answer. H

I own an Arrma Kraton, Arrma Typhon 3s, Traxxas Stampede 2WD and a Helion Dominus. I really don’t like the Helion but doubt I could give it away. At the end of the day there will be people who will sit firmly at one end of the brand loyalty or the other. I prefer my Arrma’s over my Traxxas but it is horses for courses. I break way more on my Kraton than my Traxxas, partly because it is I possible to drive a 2s 2wd like a 6s monster and if I could I would think the Stampede would have been atomised by now. That doesn’t make it bad, just different to Arrma.

I probably won’t buy another Traxxas but that’s just because they don’t have anything I actually want. My next RC will probably be the Team Associated Rat Racer and the Pro Line MT roller.....Maybe an Arrma Notorious?

Arrma ain’t perfect as seen by their recent choice of radio for their new models and you do read about build quality issues from time to time also eg leaking shocks, diffs with little or no fluid.

@olds97_lss can probably comment better than me, but I personally don’t buy into the brand thing. Buy what you like and have fun, there are plenty of naysayers in this world

I have the Rustler 2wd, Rustler 4x4, Stampede 4x4 (all VXL brushless), Blast Boat, and M41 Catamaran Widebody. I have been able to do mostly what I want with them, which is to heavily modify things. I think I am stuck on the Traxxas brand for compatibility. I can control any of my vehicles with 1 remote. Batteries fit all, except the Blast, still running Nihm on that. I would have no problems trying out other brands. I guess to help Bushman's point, I just do what feels good. Familiar.

i personally dont like the company itself,
their rigs themselves, I've had better luck with other brands, the good thing about traxxas is aftermarket support is big, but thats partly because (in my case anyways) alot of things broke.
am i gonna not like someone for their brand choice of RC? definitely not! I'm glad to see more people buying and running them and hope more people buy RC's and enjoy the hobby with us no matter the brand, i will recommend other brands typically, but everyone makes their own choices and likes the rigs they like.

i personally dont like the company itself,
their rigs themselves, I've had better luck with other brands, the good thing about traxxas is aftermarket support is big, but thats partly because (in my case anyways) alot of things broke.
am i gonna not like someone for their brand choice of RC? definitely not! I'm glad to see more people buying and running them and hope more people buy RC's and enjoy the hobby with us no matter the brand, i will recommend other brands typically, but everyone makes their own choices and likes the rigs they like.
Exactly what I was Gunna say! The company, sorry but they're kind of scum bags. They dont really do anything for the community. Like sort of recently, Traxxas stopped supplying to RC hobby stores so they can't sell Traxxas stuff, which nowadays is most likely their biggest source of income, so like hobby Fever shut down. And honestly, I don't like their rigs, I haven't had a recent one of their trucks, but my rustler was (excuse my language) a piece of poop, it broke way more than it was worth so I ditched it and I dont look back. So I'm not really tryna go spend 400+ on one of their rigs, I'd rather go with something I know is good (I.E losi, hpi, Mugen, ect). Now like @D3MON , I'm not gunna talk trash on somebody's rig just becuase it's a Traxxas or dislike the person becuase they own Traxxas, as long as their not a loser to me and other members, I'm cool with that person. Also if they have a cool truck and it happens to be a Traxxas, I don't care, it's a sick rig. It's more I have a problem with the company. Hope I made sense at all lol

They also stopped supplying one hobby shop there in the US because that same shop was selling too much through their online store. When Traxxas stopped supplying them, then there was no point keeping their physical store open....sad.

In terms of quality, you certainly can't drive them like you would drive an Arrma for sure....that said I probably push mine too hard and have spend a few hundred $$ on additional parts and upgrades, all because I get carried away and start thinking I'm Rich Duperbash:D

I dont like traxxas because both of mine have been nothing but breakage money pits. Cheap plastic, cheap aluminum, and the only way they are good is if you put another $200 into them so they are 90% not traxxas anymore. Overpriced garbage. They are the Apple of rc, all marketing with inferior design, proprietary bullshit, and issues built in to sell you more product. Also hate their lawyer strongarm tactics. They dont support the hobby as a whole, they just want a monopoly on it. RcSaylors couldnt even say the words "traxxas slash" in their vkar sct review without featuring the car itself in the video or the traxxas legal team would have had the video forcibly removed. They had to refer to it as the "Laxxas slash" instead. Thats ridiculous. Not to mention the lawsuit that killed Hobbico and almost Arrma as a brand, and the afore-mentioned hobby shop fiascos, numerous having to close from their bs policies.
Sold my stampede vxl at a huge loss and trying to get of my rustler vxl as well, also currently priced at a huge loss.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, Sledge, about your Rustler. I would feel bad about making an offer for your it.......Not sure if bad for me, or bad for you, so just bad in general. Hate seeing my friends ripped off.

I'm prob asking way too much for it market-wise, but as I said I'm still taking a $200+ loss on it between upgrades and broken part replacements already but I'm not lowering it any. if noone wants it maybe I'll put some limiters in the shocks and make a street car out of it...

I personally love Traxxas. I use their Dual Live charger (which is awesome using the app), their lipos (have 2 2s 5800 and 2 4s 6700 ID batteries), have a Modded 2wd Stampede, a stock Unlimited Desert Racer, and picking up a 4x4 slash ultimate today. Personally, I enjoy their innovation, but that's also what is ruffling some feathers especially with enforcing MSRP and their ID connectors.

As stated before, do what you enjoy - after all you're the one enjoying it. I don't let others tell me how to think, but I may consider their opinions and experience heavily when looking into a brand or product I'm not yet familiar with. At the end of the day, it's the internet - some people are salty at everything for no good reason.

My wife and I both laugh at the videos where someone takes a new kit to the skate park on the highest cell lipo they can run it and immediately break it and bash on the brand of truck. Number one, inspect your kit before each run. It's your investment. You don't immediately build a race car and run it without some shakedown passes first ... kind of the same thing. The best people make mistakes.

Personally, I got an entire year of racing out of my first slash nearly 10 years ago and it still ran like a new one when I sold it. I replaced a bearing carrier when I clipped a corner at full speed. Outside of that, lots of shock rebuilds because I was meticulous in my suspension since it was spec racing, and about 2 or 3 replacement 12T titan motors due to a slight degradation in performance. I raced hard and on a track with big jumps and practiced with 1/8 buggies and truggies while holding my line which sometimes cost me. I never once thought my kit was junk out of the box. Same with my 2wd stampede and my new UDR. They do exceptionally well out of the box for what they are. If you want better performance you have to go to rigid CF or Metal chassis and parts which cost more money and less flex / more prone to breaking if you bash. People just look for videos to back their preconceptions, then ignore anything to the contrary. The internet is great for that. :)