Why do you RC …..Ok this weeks why question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nenecrane

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
Why nitro why electric mind I’ve only ever run electric I’ve seen a nitro but that’s about it as my experience goes but the make me curious honestly to me look like working on a car and lord knows I love doing that (as long as it’s a car not a computer like you get nowadays) but I have noticed a detachment either your electric or you nitro for the most part and I don’t get why what’s the difference pros cons but most importantly why do you nitro or why do you electric again I have no experience in anyway anything nitro so all I know is electric and honestly a lot of my reasoning is price and availability I work with what I have and what my bank account allows witch is largely electric on top of the other 3/8s of the “adult” part of my household @biggman100 only runs electric so there’s that but why do you???

For me, Electric all the way, I'm to lazy to fuss with Nitro. It's messy, needs tuning, and in my neighborhhod would be to noisy. I like to see them run, but I barely have enough spare time to enjoy my electrics, adding more complications doesn't work for me. There are some badass nitros out there, l just have to enjoy them vicariously.

Also can't run them in the house! 🤣

Also can't run them in the house! 🤣
Not with that attitude!
Ceiling fans and doors on houses as well as exhaust fans were invented so man can run motorcycles and nitro rc in house. 🤣😆

As for noise. Lil bro and I walked out front at midnight one night. I told pops I had to empty the carb on my nitro sport. He was mad when I walked in 15 minutes later. I told him it was still connected to a full tank and had to empty that to empty the carb. No one complained.

I rock both. Almost a tie half to half out of 20 cars. I'm getting my tmaxx ready to run again. On my way out the door I found some old traxxas nitro fuel.

Last edited:
Why nitro why electric mind I’ve only ever run electric I’ve seen a nitro but that’s about it as my experience goes but the make me curious honestly to me look like working on a car and lord knows I love doing that (as long as it’s a car not a computer like you get nowadays) but I have noticed a detachment either your electric or you nitro for the most part and I don’t get why what’s the difference pros cons but most importantly why do you nitro or why do you electric again I have no experience in anyway anything nitro so all I know is electric and honestly a lot of my reasoning is price and availability I work with what I have and what my bank account allows witch is largely electric on top of the other 3/8s of the “adult” part of my household @biggman100 only runs electric so there’s that but why do you???
honestly when i ask people why nitro, i usually get that its because if the nostalgia since it was around before electric RCs. some like the challenge and tinkering to get that fuel mix right and such

I’m definitely curious don’t have the money or space currently but definitely want to learn more about them
honestly when i ask people why nitro, i usually get that its because if the nostalgia since it was around before electric RCs. some like the challenge and tinkering to get that fuel mix right and such
That would probably be my biggest problem getting the ratio right

I’m definitely curious don’t have the money or space currently but definitely want to learn more about them

That would probably be my biggest problem getting the ratio right
I've looked at the nitro slash and slayer, but i just dont have it in me to learn how to use nitro lol xD

I've looked at the nitro slash and slayer, but i just dont have it in me to learn how to use nitro lol xD
Other problem for me is the boys they get into everything which usually is fine buttttt they don’t get the concept of dangerous and not dangerous when it comes to that electric is one thing fuel is another story

Last edited:
I got hooked on the hobby again by coming across an AWESOME toy grade electric RC car that ran a 390 electric motor driving only the rear wheels, so that guided my decision to look more into electric hobby grade cars and I have not regretted it.

I started out with electric rigs. They are a lot of fun. They go fast, they are easy to use and very beginner friendly. I then got a nitro Slash and fell in love with nitro. I love to tinker with things so nitro just spoke to me. The tuning, maintenance and everything else really keeps my attention. And of course the braps. Lol

That's a great question, I feel like with nitro you're able to build the whole car from scratch just like a real car you're able to switch engines, swap trannys, change gear ratios, and build it to your liking. If you build it right you're able to make them go up to 70+ mph! and nothing like that sound it makes when its hitting a straight at full speed! Haha to me that's pretty awesome, that's why I joined the Hobby in the first place. The tuning, tweeking mastering the car, there's nothing like it.
On the other hand I also have a Traxxas Vxl 4s that does that same speed and I can tell you although it's a great feeling hitting those speeds with it, it just doesn't feel the same. Its not that intriguing, although it is dangerous lol. The electric ones have full speed from the start which is crazy, they do have the upper hand in that. Nitro does take some time for it to hit second gear and reach full speed. Electric Rc cars are convenient in many ways as well because they make no noise so you're able to pretty much use them whenever, all you have to do is change the battery and gear ratio to hit 75+mph which is a plus. I guess it all depends on what your into, I don't discriminate Rc Hobby is a great Hobby regardless of what your driving 👍

I go through phases it seems. Nitro for years then just electric for years. Been doing rc for 30 plus years. Now I'm back to nitro. Last weekend I rebuilt an old Savage 25. Now that I'm older and kidless I prefer the nitro. Luckly when people complain I say well your mower and weed eater is just as load. So until the law steps in and says no nitro I'm going to run it. Like others who said previously there is just a wonderful feeling about tuning an engine. And to be honest once you hit the sweet spot there isn't much to do to them. I guess I'm old not looking for RC that goes much faster then 45 or 50. I dont have a runway near me to do XO1 100mph. But i enjoy any rc. I even have a FMC Smasher for indoors. When it raining or freezing cold.

I run bot nitro and electric
Why nitro why electric mind I’ve only ever run electric I’ve seen a nitro but that’s about it as my experience goes but the make me curious honestly to me look like working on a car and lord knows I love doing that (as long as it’s a car not a computer like you get nowadays) but I have noticed a detachment either your electric or you nitro for the most part and I don’t get why what’s the difference pros cons but most importantly why do you nitro or why do you electric again I have no experience in anyway anything nitro so all I know is electric and honestly a lot of my reasoning is price and availability I work with what I have and what my bank account allows witch is largely electric on top of the other 3/8s of the “adult” part of my household @biggman100 only runs electric so there’s that but why do you?
I run
I run both nitro and electric...both have there pros and cons but I enjoy them equally. I started out with nitro airplanes as a child and was lucky enough to have access to a wealth of knowledge by picking the brains of all the old timers at my local flying field and precise engine tuning is far more critical on airplanes than cars obviously. I initially chose nitro over electric because back then in those days the electric RC's simply weren't as good as nitro where today there performance is equal or even better in some cases. Old school electric RC's we're severely underpowered and had terrible run times so in those days if you wanted something that was going to preform well nitro was it. I got into electric as well several years ago when I realized how much the technology had improved and saw the impressive speeds and performance that was being achieved by electric RC's. However I still love my nitros just as much. Just depends on what kind of mood I'm in on any given day witch kind I decide to run. Electrics are cleaner quieter and often times more reliable but I love the noise and smoke of a good nitro and I have been running them a very long time so keeping an engine tuned well it quite easy for me. But the modern electrics are nothing short of amazing as well in my opinion you can't go wrong either way...so I choose BOTH!!👍😁

Nitro for excitement. Electric for convenience. At least that's the way it is for me. Raced 1/8 nitro bug back in the day and bashed a few as well. Once nitro is in the blood, it's hard to shake. For just good old pinning the throttle and roosting the track, nitro, for me, can't be beat. It's a rush-always. Everybody in RC should own one at least once. Call it a rite-of- passage if you will.

My last Nitro, MBX7 with a 3-port Novarossi. Not a racer but one heck of a fun track runner. Ahh, the memories...

Cheers, mates. 'AC'

004 (2) (800x600).jpg

005 (2) (800x600).jpg

Nitro for excitement. Electric for convenience. At least that's the way it is for me. Raced 1/8 nitro bug back in the day and bashed a few as well. Once nitro is in the blood, it's hard to shake. For just good old pinning the throttle and roosting the track, nitro, for me, can't be beat. It's a rush-always. Everybody in RC should own one at least once. Call it a rite-of- passage if you will.

My last Nitro, MBX7 with a 3-port Novarossi. Not a racer but one heck of a fun track runner. Ahh, the memories...

Cheers, mates. 'AC'

View attachment 166928

View attachment 166929
I agree 💯 ...I started out with nitro back in the day when nitro was king. Nothing quite like a good nitro...the sound and feel even the smell ...I started running electrics as well a few years ago and I enjoy them just as well but for different reasons.

Originally when I got in to the hobby I was all about Nitro. I love the sound, the smell, tinkering etc but electric has an undeniable attraction that is isntant on power! So, while I still have both nitro and electric rigs I have waaaaay more electrics than nitros these days just because I'm getting old and lazy and I appreciate the ease of plug and play that is electrics. Plus, I've never been talented at tuning an engine like some people I've seen. Some days it might take me two minutes, other days it might take me 15. Oh, did I mention that instant power? lol