why did I buy that?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkzy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just purchased a losi lst2, I have a picco .26 revo already and it was an impulse buy really. My question is is it a truck I will regret buying? And will it compare to my revo? It should arrive this week

Never owned 1 myself but from what I've read on them it will service you just fine. Losi is a top brand so quality isn't an issue and I'm sure with the right tune it will compare to your Revo just fine

I just purchased a losi lst2, I have a picco .26 revo already and it was an impulse buy really. My question is is it a truck I will regret buying? And will it compare to my revo? It should arrive this week

1 Of my Bashing Friends has a Losi LST-2 & from seeing it Run & go over jumps & stuff... It handles pretty good in all kinds of terrain & surfaces in our Bashing area. He say's he like's the Rig.. I will say he's broken a few part's wile out Bashing But it was all MINOR Stuff he fixed wile out running.. 1 time he broke a shock after landing side way's off a jump.. So it should be a good RIG

Thats good news! I just blew my crank bearing I think on the picco what a crap engine that was! Ba k to the 3.3 only used the picco a handfull of times and the slop is so bad in the crank it wont start

I found it to be less durable than a revo with RPM arms/carriers, a new era rollbar and rear wing.

Axle carriers for the front, arms and chassis rails tend to break with heavy bashing. The two speed doesn't care for high power engines or the big ass tires that it comes with. They tend to strain things a bit.

I had an aftershock, but had 2 or 3 friends with LST2's. We all bashed in the same places and broke similar parts. After quite a few upgrades and some manufactured parts, mine was a tank. But all of us found much fewer issues when we dropped the tires down in size. I ran revo tires with 17mm hubs on mine. My friends both ran muggy wheels/tires on theirs.

The most frustrating parts for me were the chassis rails. I broke 4 or 5 sets of those in a season. They are not pleasant to change.

Then over the winter, I made a skid plate that tied the front to the center, then ran it for 2 years without issues regarding the rails. I also upgraded to RPM arms with lunsford turnbuckles in the upper arms, lunsford turnbuckles all around, RC Raven dual rate springs, a homade roll bar to keep the body from crushing on band landings and thick rubber grommets between the front/rear skids and the bulkhead brace to keep from busting the stupid skid support. I also upgraded the brakes (stock aftershock steel disks were horrible) and bought alloy diff carriers.

After all that, mine could pretty much take on a brick wall.

I never ran the lst2 on a nitro engine. I converted mine, and I loved it. But alas I ran it into a curb at about 50mph and ended up with some major damage. Its a great rig you will enjoy it. If you swear by nitro stick with it, but If you want a BL rig convert it and I guarantee you wont be dissapointed. Just look at Greywolfs posts, and some of mine for more info.