Whoohoo, i finally broke the Xray!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorradoPsi

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well it faught me for quite some time. i ran it into things, cartwheeled it, even jumped clear off the track not once but twice, the second time all the way into the parking lot. still no break! today in the main though i got hit square on by an MBX-5 in my left rear wheel. he was comming back from an off the line experience with some haste and broke my rear hub upright and a camber link. no hinge pin damage nothing else broken or bent. i may snap a pic later tonite. it was kinda funny as i was making the turn onto the main straight to watch my car go one way, and my rear wheel with universal attached go another.

Congrdulati0ons.......lol i never thought someone would be happy about breaking something!

one might think that, but who else on this site can make that claim :naughty:

it doesn't bother me too much, the parts are already ordered, its under $20, and my next race isnt for 2 weeks. the only bummer is i had to order from hong kong since nobody in the US got thier XB8 shipments yet. id rather support a US shop, local if possible. but i need the parts now and can't wait for customs to get around to releasing the US shipment. I'm sure ill break plenty more so that US shops will get my buisness in the future.

That's cool that you can see the silver lining in your crash, I would be pissed as it would end my day. But later I would be just plain happy I did it bashing not just running it around in my front yard.

Congrats man

Jon

You jerk!
I wanted to trash mine first.
That is if I ever get it.
Willz said it would be here soon. I have my fingers crossed.

whts the X-ray like, theres a few over here but the ones I've seen I'm not that impressed with, there allsetup real bad (noobs own them)

jon2 said:
That's cool that you can see the silver lining in your crash, I would be pissed as it would end my day. But later I would be just plain happy I did it bashing not just running it around in my front yard.

Congrats man

Jon

it didnt bum me out because my day was already over. it was the main, and my last race of the day. i was lined up to take 2nd or 3rd, there is no way i can touch the #1 guy at the track, although that is who took me out.

MIKE,

the xray drives really nice. the only thing i changed from the box setup is i left the o-rings out from behind the planetary gears in the diffs and went for a traditional 5k-7k-1k setup for oils. in box form its a little underdampened and it pushes. today was the 3rd time i had it on the track, and i got my shocks dialed in. now i just need to work on suspension geometry to take care of the push. other than that the car drives very well. its pretty stable through the rough stuff, but it really shines in changing direction. it just flows so nice from corner to corner. even with the push you can compensate by letting off the gas as you crank the wheel to whip the back end around tighter than my drake can. i want go to 2k rear fluid for just a tad more on-power hookup and get the push taken out (i can probibly do that with roll centers and castor). the V-spec i have in there though is enough to break all 4 wheels lose on any part of the track i want. when i punch it out of the last corner for the straight it spins all 4 for about 20 feet. i sent some turn marshal home very dirty today :whistle: tell your local guys that gene hickersons setup is posted on xrays website so they have no excuse for having a bad setup.

Are they good enough to justify a forth car to the arsnal?
And thanks ill let them know

well it depends what you already have. if you already have a top quality buggy, id say no, wait till yours is a worn out. once you have you worn out buggy sold, id definitly recommend it as a next buggy. if you have a rtr buggy though its certainly worth picking up. now if your much better off than i am ($$$$$$) then yeah, its a great buggy and should really be driven to be appreciated. id say this buggy is to 1/8's, as my Adam Drake is to gas trucks. its the top of the line, there are few in this relm, and honestly, I'm not worthy but my wallet told me it was ok anyhow.

hehe well I've already got a kanai III a mbx5prospec and a sacker pro 2 but i am seriously considering buying another, wallets not the problem its the WIFE, pitty i can't put a new motor in her and race her round the track, wouldnlt be able to hear her winning at me not to buy one that way :)
how are the adjustable cams wearing or does it look like there gonna? only prob i see with that buggy is that theres as lot more to wear and or go wrong with it if it isnt made quite right, spose time will tell :)

Always have to out do me EH? I Have a broken arm and bent h-pin, you have to break something. What would you do if I blew my motor??? If the parts are back by next week,i'll run the x-ray for ya......................

Looks liks RCBOYZ.com has Xray parts.

choise

if I have to choose between a standard mugen, whom I like also and a xray, which one to choose ?

well there are a whole lot of parts to "upgrade" on the mugen. there's nothing on the Xray. some would say this is bad, i say its good. i dont have to buy anything but replacement parts. and those replacements are cheaper than parts for my losi xxx-nt. also i love the way the xray drives and its adjustable enough that anyone should be able to make it drive the way they want.

I know this is off topic CorradoPsi but where do you race at.I live about 40 minutes away from lancaster

pit stop hobbies in mount joy. they close up soon, next weekend is the last race. so ill probibly move indoors to either bumps and jumps clay track out near york. or there is J&K raceway somewhere near philly that i have be wanting to try out.

Ok that one is too far.I thought mabey there was a track in Lancaster.On the traxxas board i herd there was a track starting in lancaster.It was probaly just a rumor.

Mt Joy is not all that far from Lancaster. I'm on the Traxxas board as well and this is the one a few people talked about. But I may have missed one.........

Last edited:
dude, its like 15 minutes from lancaster. just come play.

ok, Xray has been fixed for like 2 days now. just so everyone knows. the parts may still be in customs, but you can still get them from overseas pretty quick.

Back