who has XR3I RADIO?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigron

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
XR3I can someone help me with the basic setup for my radio i am using it for my savage 21 and am having trouble with the setup procedure.Thanks

Tell us what you are having trouble with so we could help you more. I might be able to help i have a the mx3 it is sort of like the jr3 but not as much stuff

WHEN TRUCK IS OFF THE GROUND wheels will not come back to center on there on when turning left or right .Also when i let off the brake rpms rev up very high truck wants to take off .TRUCKwill not idle what should i do

I don't have that radio, but the problem SEEMS simple... adjust your steering trim setting so that it goes back to center. For the high rpm's, adjust your throttle settings so that it's where it needs to be. Your manual should tell you how to do all this.

Yes it seems like its your Throttle and Steering Trim. Is this the radio your talking about??
JRP334275-250.jpg

If so then there is a small button that you can press left and right at the top of the radio just above the steering wheel. This adjust the steering server to center the front wheels.

There is also another button to the left of the wheel. This will adjust the throttle servo to keep the carb closed when in neutral.

Thanks robriguez for your help .

XR3i Manual in PDF Format???

Hey...I'm really new to the forum but I was wondering if any of you guys knew where to get a *.pdf version of the JR XR3i Radio Manual. I lost mine and I really need one...bad!!! Thanks guys. By the way, what are some good websites recommended for information on R/C's and for ordering R/C's and accessories and parts...thanks again..

I just got that radio a few weeks ago. It's great. You need the manual to understand how to access the different adjustments in the menu. You can change the servo end points, or how far it moves in either direction. That's a nice feature to adjust the brakes without making mechanical changes. In the menu you can also adjust servo centering.
Go to JRs site for the manual. Any time I've needed one, either for a used nitro car, a VCR or whatever, it's available on the home site.