Which Nitro Car Should I Buy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meldarion

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey :) I am kinda new to the nitro world, and i want to buy a car that is not expensive which will be a good starting point for me to learn on, so far i have narrowed it down to the Schumacher Rascal (http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=24586) Or the Acme Condor Pro Se (http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/A3002TSE.htm), It is just going to be used for playing around on the park and back garden, so it doesn't need to be amazing :p Any advice on which car to pick, or are there any others you reccomend?
Thanks guyz, Meldarion

In this hobby, you get what you pay for. And Acme is definatly a brand id steer clear from. For a decent basher, id go an XTM, they arent a track buggy by any means, but they are tough as hell, the XTM XT2 is damn near unstoppable. I have the later version of it and wow, it can take a beating, I'm yet to break a part. And it didnt break the bank :D:D

personally i like the traxxas tmaxx.... its really easy to work on if you know what your doing. its pretty tough too

personally i'd go towards the traxxas t-maxx or hpi savage
they are both very tough and great bashers
you wont have problems finding replacement or upgrade parts either

Yeh, That was what was putting me off the Acme, the name is not one that i hear of too often and hardly any nitro car dealers seem to stock them. Thanks a lot for all the advice guys, i will look up the traxxas and see what i can find :D (And my mate has a Savage so i can ask him about it)

Well lets do the math. $150 for an Acme buggy.
Or $300 for a hobby grade Traxxas Tmaxx. P.S. go to ebay. T-maxx 2.5 New in box!!!

Also in this hobby you can spend $150 on parts very quickly. all it takes is 1 crash and open your wallet. so that Acme that was $150 after a crash could be $300. Plus a crash that would destroy that 1/10 buggy wouldn't even phase the T-maxx.

But keep in mind Noone on RCnitroTalk will every recommend a no name car. We are very serious about buying quality here. I think you'll agree after awhile in the hobby.

for a first one, I'd go with DURATRAX (any kind:buggy,monster truck, whatever you prefer).

If you want to go with a better on, I'd go with HPI or OFNA.

my 2 cents.

Lhs

find out a near LHS, then research which brands they handdle , parts and service they can offer, this will allow you to get something to learn and beggin..as you start on the hobbie you migth get some parts broke, so will be easy to take your car and drive a short distance to get the replacements parts..thats my 1 cent opinion..

Do you have an LHS (Local Hobby Shop)? if so, pop in there and look around. see what brands the carry and what they have parts for. It's alot better to take a little drive to get a part you broke than to order it online and wait a week AND pay for shipping.

Do you have an LHS (Local Hobby Shop)? if so, pop in there and look around. see what brands the carry and what they have parts for. It's alot better to take a little drive to get a part you broke than to order it online and wait a week AND pay for shipping.

+1 you want something that your local hobby shop deals with for easy parts.

i have a acme condor and i have mixed feelings about it....it doesn't seem like that bad of a buggy but there is like no parts support...that i know of anyway...i would jusr recomend getting something name brand that you could get parts for.

Hey :) I am kinda new to the nitro world, and i want to buy a car that is not expensive which will be a good starting point for me to learn on, so far i have narrowed it down to the Schumacher Rascal (http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=24586) Or the Acme Condor Pro Se (http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/A3002TSE.htm), It is just going to be used for playing around on the park and back garden, so it doesn't need to be amazing :p Any advice on which car to pick, or are there any others you reccomend?
Thanks guyz, Meldarion

what ever you buy make sure that it will be made by good brand such as HPI or Traxxas or Losi,there are few more but those are my favourites :hehe:

Schumacher is a good brand and their cars are quick and maybe too quick to start of with and they aren't durable...
if you wanna use it in backyard and have good fun with it and don't wanna spent lot's of money I would recommend HPI FireStorm 10T,it cost around £200 and most model shops sell them and parts are easy to find and for sure you will be happy with it but if you wanna take it further and have something that could take have beating I would suggest spend the extra coin and buy some Monster Truck,I would recommend:
-Traxxas Revo
-Traxxas T-Maxx
-HPI Savage series ( X and XL)
-Losi LST
they are well made and durable trucks!
and there isn't suching thing as easy car to own,every car/truck is gonna give you trouble if you don't read how to take care of it and how to use it as it should be used!
remember to read all the instructions and ask people if you aren't sure about something and this will give your truck a better and longer life...
don't rush and do everything by step by spet.
hope that this will help you :D