Which 2 stroke oil for 1/5 scale

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thays not a hack! That's just 'SUPER CUSTOM!!!" lol!!! Looks like a cool kit. Curious to know what the verdict is after you get it straight and put some hours on it.
Put 2 tanks through it today. Carb was set so lean it barely pulled itself. Second tank ran awesome then died. Swapped plug still no go checked think it's not firing hot enough. I've got new coil and carb coming and pull starter because one on it was hillbilly engineered lol! I traded a 1/10 sc truck even for it so I'm still ahead I thing . Honestly like the 4x4 better than my old 5b.

Could have been worse... Could have been a kick start! :hehe:
I'm hoping the coil comes with the wire mounted to it? You should get one of the lighted spark testers. It just plugs in to the plug end and you ground it with a clip but you can view the spark intensity pretty easy with one and they are cheap. Just a thought.
Also want to be sure the spark isn't jumping the boot somehow and grounding out.
While I'm not familiar with the setup specifically, I have always been a 4x4 fan. I just like the handling so much better and the ability to do more. I don't think the speed suffers so much that I would sacrifice it. I find myself using 4x4s a LOT more than my 2wds. :thumbs-up:

Could have been worse... Could have been a kick start! :hehe:
I'm hoping the coil comes with the wire mounted to it? You should get one of the lighted spark testers. It just plugs in to the plug end and you ground it with a clip but you can view the spark intensity pretty easy with one and they are cheap. Just a thought.
Also want to be sure the spark isn't jumping the boot somehow and grounding out.
While I'm not familiar with the setup specifically, I have always been a 4x4 fan. I just like the handling so much better and the ability to do more. I don't think the speed suffers so much that I would sacrifice it. I find myself using 4x4s a LOT more than my 2wds. :thumbs-up:
Where I live it's 4x4 only lol! My Baja 5b couldn't make it up hill in my yard lol! I'll look into the spark tester thanks. You wouldn't have link for it would you? Coil I purchased is complete just bolt on. This chimera actually impressed me fairly well. I have a friend with a dbxl doesn't have the umph the chimera has.

Thanks bro I just did eBay search buying got one coming. I just ordered a brand new rovan LT320 today to. Going to place order on some upgrades for it losi brand. Been put of 1/5 scale long time. Really was wanting to pull trigger on buying a redacat rampage mt but it's like 50/50 good bad feedback so not sure on it. I just my drag car so either ordering rampage mt or rovan Zonda Baja just not sure. Wife's ready to kill me now lol! That rovan lt320 set me back $900. Also eyeing the losi xlmt but my buddies was very troublesome so I'm torn

Maybe you need to get her into the 1/5 scale bug and let her have some fun with it too!!! ;) I picked up a buggy for my GF that turned out to be a near mint rc10b2... So we run it sometimes... Carefully! :hehe: I am working on getting the revo back together but now that the weather has turned nice, it's been all about getting the 1:1 back up and running right. Once the revo is on, she'll be running that and I'm sure she will be into it. She is scared to run the rc10. I want her to just have fun, you know? :thumbs-up:
I don't have any real input to offer on the 1/5 scale other than in both the redcat and losi, I have heard the same mixed bag and the Lodi as trouble... Looking forward to the rovan review!

Maybe you need to get her into the 1/5 scale bug and let her have some fun with it too!!! ;) I picked up a buggy for my GF that turned out to be a near mint rc10b2... So we run it sometimes... Carefully! :hehe: I am working on getting the revo back together but now that the weather has turned nice, it's been all about getting the 1:1 back up and running right. Once the revo is on, she'll be running that and I'm sure she will be into it. She is scared to run the rc10. I want her to just have fun, you know? :thumbs-up:
I don't have any real input to offer on the 1/5 scale other than in both the redcat and losi, I have heard the same mixed bag and the Lodi as trouble... Looking forward to the rovan review!
Lol my wife hates rc in general wants nothing to do with it. But I don't blame her I eat breath and sleep rc

What is a decent oil i can get at Wal-Mart or a local parts store for a fifth scale?. I don't have access to klotz or royal purple. Or do i just need to order it online.
I use Motul 800, 24 to 1 in my hpi 5sc and my losi 5ive 2.0. Best 2 stroke oil out there. I also use C9 VP fuel.

If you looking for a good 2-stroke oil, the best out is Amsoil. Next is Maxim. If you want to pick something up from your local auto parts place, check out Lucas oil. I use all these brands for my dirt bikes. These are also the brands the top racers use.

I use Ams oil 32:1 mix for all my 2 stroke.

Back